Any OZZFEST predictions before tonights announcement?

Main Stage is Ozzy, Motley Crue, Halford, DevilDriver, and Nonpoint

Second Stage is Black Label Society, Drowning Pool, Kingdom of Sorrow, Goatwhore, Skeletonwitch, Saviours, and Kataklysm

Only six dates:
Sat, Aug 14 San Bernardino, CA San Manuel Amphitheater
Tue, Aug 17 Chicago, IL First Midwest Bank Amp.
Thurs, Aug 19 Pittsburgh, PA First Niagara Pavilion
Sat , Aug 21 Hartford, CT Comcast Theater
Sun, Aug 22 Camden, NJ Susquehanna
Tue, Aug 24 Boston, MA Comcast Center

The press release I saw stated that Halford, Crue, and Ozzy will all be playing "full sets", which I'm taking to mean that it's playing out as a triple headlining thing.

Well, at least they got the perfect band for this: Nonpoint....because this whole lineup, sans Kataklysm, is pointless. Talk about a complete waste of time and energy.:rolleyes:

Okay first of all, I am NOT the only one that does that. Secondly, the only time I do is to see what people's opinions are on that specific link/topic. You guys find it annoying, I will stop.

Personally, I do NOT find it annoying, but actually HELPFUL. I do NOT want to go to Blabbermouth (and other sites) every day and check through all their stuff for what interests me. I prefer it when guys like you filter it for me. ;)

Then I only have to come here and don't have to waste my time surfing. Exactly how many people were actually annoyed he was doing this? Two or three? Really, what's the big deal?

Anyway, I like BLS, but can't be bothered with the rest of Ozzfest. I loathe Goatwhore and avoid seeing them as much as possible. This fest is a waste of time imo.

Well, at least they got the perfect band for this: Nonpoint....because this whole lineup, sans Kataklysm, is pointless. Talk about a complete waste of time and energy.:rolleyes:

Kataklysm is one of the most boring death metal bands in the history of death metal.

I would go to this for Saviours, Skeletonwitch, Goatwhore, Halford, and Motley Crue. Much better lineup than I was expecting.

I was reading the first page of the thread and I decided to kid around and post this:

"Fixed."

--But by page 3, I see that we have been outflanked by the relentless Goatwhore touring machine AGAIN! :lol:

It must just be me and the shows I've gone to but I don't recall them being on a bunch of other tours. I know I have never seen them. Are they really on the level of Swashbuckle and Into Eternity (at least how Into Eternity used to be)?

It must just be me and the shows I've gone to but I don't recall them being on a bunch of other tours. I know I have never seen them. Are they really on the level of Swashbuckle and Into Eternity (at least how Into Eternity used to be)?

Oh wow yes. I've probably seen them about 8-9 times over the past 2 years as part of a package (never going just for Goatwhore, although I do like them.) A few times headlining, too.

Who said anything about this being a threat to Progpower?

Besides that though, you're right. They did play it safe but honestly in my opinion this is one of the better Ozzfest lineups than the most recent ones. Then again that doesn't say a whole lot. More than anything I'm just happy Hatebreed isn't on it. :lol:

You are right about Ozzy. In fact, I just think Ozzy should retire. Don't get me wrong I love most of his stuff, outside of the last album but he's just been really mediocre in terms of new material and his live performances after he did the Sabbath tour have not been good. I'd like his new album to be great, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm Not so much in agreement with Halford. Yes he needs a lesser schedule, that is true but at least the concerts I've been to, he still hits it. For me I just would really like to see him do Halford material for once as I never have. So, I probably will end up going for him alone. I would've preferred him just to do a tour on his own, which he very well may still do but I'm not risking it as this might be the last time he does Halford material. If this truly is a triple headline I'll be happy as I said. I really don't want to go just for Halford and it only be 45 minutes to be honest.

Hatebreed's Jamey is in Kingdom of Sorrow.

Hatebreed's Jamey is in Kingdom of Sorrow.

I know that, but Kingdom of Sorrow has a completely different sound thanks to Kirk's awesome guitar playing. Hatebreed just seems to be pure noise to me and for some reason I can handle his vocals in KoS but not in Hatebreed. I actually like Kingdom of Sorrow but unfortunately due to that this is on a Tuesday I probably won't be able to see them.

Yeah, primarily for extreme/black metal tours. I swear they've played here 4 or 5 times in the last year or less.

Yeah, primarily for extreme/black metal tours. I swear they've played here 4 or 5 times in the last year or less.

more than that I would say.....do they even have fans? they seem to be that band that is added on every tour. I would love to see Goatwhore / Swashbuckle / Blackguard / Powerglove / Into Eternity all tour together and see who actually would show up.

more than that I would say.....do they even have fans? they seem to be that band that is added on every tour. I would love to see Goatwhore / Swashbuckle / Blackguard / Powerglove / Into Eternity all tour together and see who actually would show up.

Probably not many people on here would like them, but wasn't their new album pretty well received to fans of more extreme bands? I believe it got some good reviews. Regardless though, if they're on that many tours, they might just start losing fans they did have. I think being on a decent tour or two as support is a good thing, but being on every tour can seriously hurt a band due to people having seen them too much already. That would be pretty funny though if all of them toured together and then add in Mutiny Within because they'll be the new ones with overexposure.

I was really hoping to catch a good tour for Kataklysm since I've never seen them. Their new album should be out soon, so I had hopes.

Kataklysm will remain as one of the few bands I want to see live. There's no way in hell I'll be attending this Ozzfest.

Whats funny is that I would gladly pay to see a lout like that minus Swashbuckle though we could subsitute them with Leaves Eyes as another regular tour opener. Goatwhore has been here a couple of times but not on evenings convenient for me and Into Eternity came here once like 4 years ago and the rest have never played here.

I know that, but Kingdom of Sorrow has a completely different sound thanks to Kirk's awesome guitar playing. Hatebreed just seems to be pure noise to me and for some reason I can handle his vocals in KoS but not in Hatebreed. I actually like Kingdom of Sorrow but unfortunately due to that this is on a Tuesday I probably won't be able to see them.

I listened to some clips on their MySpace page,and I find myself feeling exactly like you.I can't stand Hatebreed,and I say that with no exaggeration,but KoS is growing on me some.Go figure,maybe someone can help me with my sickness

On the Ozzfest forum I read someone saying there is a video somewhere or an interview on Sirius satellite that Ozzy did in which he states Ozzfest will begin in July.The dates showing start in August.Anybody heard about this?
I hope it's true,maybe he will add a southeast date