Ozzfest bands announced

I wanna see Lordi and 3IoB but that is about it. I am interested in seeing Ankla, Daath, LoG (who was good 2 weeks when I went for Machine Head), and Ozzy. I am EXTREMELY uninterested to see Circus Diablo or whatever since I heard that the ex-singer of Fuel sings for them and he sucks. Nile I dont mind, but I cant stand the vocals.

Something to keep in mind is that the Ozzfest camp has already stated that many of the second stage bands (not sure if it also holds true for the main stage or not) will be rotating on this tour and not all of them may be playing at your city. Check on that before you buy your tickets. You might be really psyched about seeing three bands on the bill for free and then once you get there find out that only one (or none) of them are playing at the specific date you plan on attending. o_O Since the show is free, I'll probably end up going for just Lordi and maybe to check out Ankla (I've heard a lot of good about them), assuming that those bands are on the show that stops near Baltimore. But I'd hate to get to the show and find out neither of those bands were on the bill for that particular date, and I'm sure most other folks would be annoyed too. That would suck!

They haven't been to Atlanta in the past two years. I paid to go to see them at the Nissan Pavillion in DC. Now they are going to do this thing for free. I seriously doubt that this is going to be a fun show to go to. Ticket price tends to keep out some of the REAL riff-raff. But they are going to change the name of the area, to Drugachuesetts for the day of Ozzfest. I probably won't go. It was bad enough when you had to pay to go. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like when it's FREE.

A complete joke of a festival to me, no wonder it is free this year. Why can't Ozzy use his influence to give up and coming 'metal' bands some exposure rather than all the hot topic metalcore or what ever is passing these day as metal for the MTV people. Just my 2 cents.

I like the lineup so far.... Just attended the sold out LOG, TRIVIUM, MACHINEHEAD,GOJIRA show, and it was nothing short of spectacular.:kickass: Not a fan so much of LORDI (gwar wannabe), but HATEBREED in the headlining spot on the second stage couldnt be better. HATEBREED had the best performance in my opinion and on the main stage, next to DRAGONFORCE.:headbang:

Incidentally, Sharon has raised the buy-in price for bands on the second stage this year by 33%, too....which helps explains why the show is 'free.'

WTF! I was understand the impression that they werent doing that shit anymore and thats why this shit was supposed to be free this year. I may not go at all now just because of that Lordi or not.

A complete joke of a festival to me, no wonder it is free this year. Why can't Ozzy use his influence to give up and coming 'metal' bands some exposure rather than all the hot topic metalcore or what ever is passing these day as metal for the MTV people. Just my 2 cents.

It doesn't seem that mainstream U.S. music fans want to hear 'metal' bands. Perhaps that's why 'metalcore' bands are so popular these days. So, why serve up a platter of something that won't appeal to your mass market? :err: Besides, the bands pay a fee to be a part of the festival, so whose really doing the choosing? Maybe if these 'metal' bands that we all want to see could cough up the cool $75,000 then perhaps the fest would be more to our liking. Somehow I don't think any of the bands our group would get excited about could afford that fee.

WTF! I was understand the impression that they werent doing that shit anymore and thats why this shit was supposed to be free this year. I may not go at all now just because of that Lordi or not.

I believe the 'free' part was regarding ticket prices.

A tour of this magnitude could never be free of production costs.

... LORDI (gwar wannabe)...
Nothing personal, but I want to poke this very common, widespread but unfortunaley also false idea. Despite their controversial fame in the USA, GWAR really never existed when it comes to the European scene. The only thing these two bands have in common are somewhat alike looking monster costumes made of foam latex, styrofoam, and hardened rubber.
Lordi have stated their costumes have been inspired by KISS. The costumes have also drawn comparisons to the shock rock group GWAR, who wear similar foam latex monster outfits, even though their musical styles are quite different. Mr. Lordi has claimed in interviews that he had never heard of GWAR when he first formed Lordi.
Lordi's birth links to Kiss quite understandably, since Mr.Lordi used to be the president of the Finnish Kiss fan-club back in the 80's. Lordi play modernized 80's hard rock with metal influences, their full show is more than monster costumes, it is a visually awesome triumph of pyrotechnics and lights combined to catchy but heavy melodies.

If Lordi are called a wannabe, then rather call them a Kiss wannabe than anything because their musical background definitely is the 80's melodic hard rock, not the hardcore punk.

If Lordi are allowed to use all the pyros and stuff, then their show will be definitely worth watching. They don't take themselves too seriously, it's all for fun. :headbang:

Maybe if these 'metal' bands that we all want to see could cough up the cool $75,000 then perhaps the fest would be more to our liking. Somehow I don't think any of the bands our group would get excited about could afford that fee.

Nope. The label usually ponies up the cash, not the bands, but still.....
BTW, $75,000 is sooooo last year.

I can't wait to see NILE on this tour. I think Lordi will be fun to see live. LOG has a few decent tunes, and Ankla is like Korn with talent, and not for 13 year olds. I'm actually kind of excited, very solid lineup so far. Never heard of Circus Diablo? but the name sounds kinda kinky.

:headbang: Have never seen Nile live...would be all for that

Just a little on this GWAR BS. Lordi is NOT a "GWAR wannabe" band. By their own admission, GWAR cannot songwrite for s##t. Lordi won the Eurovision Song Contest.....a contest for ORIGINAL music. And, the winning song was written by Mr. Lordi himself! So, to compare Lordi to GWAR is an insult. GWAR does not deserve to smell Mr. Lordi's s##t. The only thing GWAR has going for it is a stage show.....and even that has become stale.

Sorry for the rant.

Peace,
Ray C.

Behemoth is also on the tour with a non-rotating second stage slot...I really hope that they announce an Atlanta date, or at least an off date featuring some of the bands I want to see like what happened last year with Dragonforce/Lacuna Coil/Between the Buried and Me.

Behemoth is also on the tour with a non-rotating second stage slot...I really hope that they announce an Atlanta date, or at least an off date featuring some of the bands I want to see like what happened last year with Dragonforce/Lacuna Coil/Between the Buried and Me.

Behemoth....I'll probably be there for sure now