Any OZZFEST predictions before tonights announcement?

Also, this is not an official metal package, since it is missing:
Powerglove
Into Eternity
Swashbuckle

Rumor has it, they are all teaming up for the, "You fucking have to be kidding me? You haven't seen our band yet" summer tour!

Powerglove, the most boring band I have ever seen in my life (when they opened for Hammerfall last month)...

Listen, I'm just saying in terms of people I know and a lot of reviews I've heard of the album. Sheesh! Most people I know have said it's pretty poor compared to most other Testament albums. Maybe they're right, maybe they're wrong but don't take it so much to heart, dude.

Don't feel bad, the Ritual is at the bottom of the list if I had to put them all in order of the one I liked best to least. In fact, I think the only reason I have it is to round out the collection. :lol:

My predictions:

1-3 Bands I'd actually like to see.
2-5 Mediocre bands that I wouldn't care to see but wouldn't mind seeing.
4-10 Bands that aren't worth it whatsoever.

Haven't been able to check the website for the announcement. Anyone?

Main Stage is Ozzy, Motley Crue, Halford, DevilDriver, and Nonpoint

Second Stage is Black Label Society, Drowning Pool, Kingdom of Sorrow, Goatwhore, Skeletonwitch, Saviours, and Kataklysm

Only six dates:
Sat, Aug 14 San Bernardino, CA San Manuel Amphitheater
Tue, Aug 17 Chicago, IL First Midwest Bank Amp.
Thurs, Aug 19 Pittsburgh, PA First Niagara Pavilion
Sat , Aug 21 Hartford, CT Comcast Theater
Sun, Aug 22 Camden, NJ Susquehanna
Tue, Aug 24 Boston, MA Comcast Center

The press release I saw stated that Halford, Crue, and Ozzy will all be playing "full sets", which I'm taking to mean that it's playing out as a triple headlining thing.

AngraRULES said:
My predictions:

1-3 Bands I'd actually like to see.
2-5 Mediocre bands that I wouldn't care to see but wouldn't mind seeing.
4-10 Bands that aren't worth it whatsoever.

Perditions Ghost said:
Main Stage is Ozzy, Motley Crue, Halford, DevilDriver, and Nonpoint

Second Stage is Black Label Society, Drowning Pool, Kingdom of Sorrow, Goatwhore, Skeletonwitch, Saviours, and Kataklysm

I was right...

Band I'd wanna see - Kataklysm, Ozzy
Bands I don't care about seeing but wouldn't mind - Motley Crue, Halford
Worthless - The rest imo.

Not as bad a lineup as I was expecting. Crue is hit or miss with me though. Some of their stuff I actually like, while others I hate. That would be cool though if it was a triple headline. I'll be honest in saying that I will probably end up going to this simply for the Halford set and I would be royally pissed off if his set would be anything less than an hour. While a lot of the other bands I could take or leave, for once there really aren't any bands I truly HATE.

hahahaha I thought I was the only one who noticed that he did this too.

Okay first of all, I am NOT the only one that does that. Secondly, the only time I do is to see what people's opinions are on that specific link/topic. You guys find it annoying, I will stop.

Don't feel bad, the Ritual is at the bottom of the list if I had to put them all in order of the one I liked best to least. In fact, I think the only reason I have it is to round out the collection. :lol:

That's essentially why it's the only album of theirs I don't have. Everyone I know who's told me about it hasn't exactly said that it's awful, just that it doesn't live up to their standards.

You should attempt to change this situation.

All I have to say is so much music, so little time. :err:

Okay first of all, I am NOT the only one that does that. Secondly, the only time I do is to see what people's opinions are on that specific link/topic. You guys find it annoying, I will stop.

Ok, out of all seriousness, as I have just been messing with you, it does get annoying. And yes, you're right, you aren't the only one that does it, but you do it more than anyone else, almost to the extent that I come here before I go to blabbermouth every day, because I know that if something serious happened, you will have already posted it, and I can save about .4556 seconds out of my day. It's ok to post something that you want to discuss, but goddamn, at the rate you were posting them, you should have changed your username to Blabbermouth.net....

I would go just for Crue, Ozzy and Halford. BUT... It's not coming anywhere near the Southeast, and I've already planned a roadtrip for Maiden, so I'm outta luck.

Ok, out of all seriousness, as I have just been messing with you, it does get annoying. And yes, you're right, you aren't the only one that does it, but you do it more than anyone else, almost to the extent that I come here before I go to blabbermouth every day, because I know that if something serious happened, you will have already posted it, and I can save about .4556 seconds out of my day. It's ok to post something that you want to discuss, but goddamn, at the rate you were posting them, you should have changed your username to Blabbermouth.net....

Good to know. I'm such a multi-tasker on the net I guess I just didn't realize the extent I was doing it.

My 2 cents.

They're playing it safe. Not unexpected in 2010. I think most of us did not realistically expect much risk-taking or lesser known names of "our" type of music in this lineup.

Six dates is probably how long this tour would survive anyway - if they booked twelve dates, it might've fallen apart by the seventh date anyway :) Those guys in the headlining slots aren't as young as they used to be (yes, Saxon, Biff Byford, I know...)

In my mind this is no threat to ProgPower!

I would be fine seeing some of these acts on their own. Halford for example, although I already have. OK...actually that's it. I wouldn't go out of my way to see any of them.

But considering MA's the last date of the tour, I might decide to meander on down anyway. It's basically in my backyard and I rarely go to this type of extravaganza (to be honest it usually has to do with the crowd. Not my type).

Regarding artists like Ozzy and Halford. They are legends in their field and honestly they don't have to do any more tours to bolster their status. Their legacies are written in stone. It'd be perfectly fine for them to release studio albums without touring if they so chose. That approach might be easier on them. They just cannot give the same energy, maintain the same stamina, in 2010 as they did in 1980 or 1990. That's understandable. In my opinion they don't have to go out there just to do it.

My 2 cents.

They're playing it safe. Not unexpected in 2010. I think most of us did not realistically expect much risk-taking or lesser known names of "our" type of music in this lineup.

Six dates is probably how long this tour would survive anyway - if they booked twelve dates, it might've fallen apart by the seventh date anyway :) Those guys in the headlining slots aren't as young as they used to be (yes, Saxon, Biff Byford, I know...)

In my mind this is no threat to ProgPower!

I would be fine seeing some of these acts on their own. Halford for example, although I already have. OK...actually that's it. I wouldn't go out of my way to see any of them.

But considering MA's the last date of the tour, I might decide to meander on down anyway. It's basically in my backyard and I rarely go to this type of extravaganza (to be honest it usually has to do with the crowd. Not my type).

Regarding artists like Ozzy and Halford. They are legends in their field and honestly they don't have to do any more tours to bolster their status. Their legacies are written in stone. It'd be perfectly fine for them to release studio albums without touring if they so chose. That approach might be easier on them. They just cannot give the same energy, maintain the same stamina, in 2010 as they did in 1980 or 1990. That's understandable. In my opinion they don't have to go out there just to do it.

Who said anything about this being a threat to Progpower?

Besides that though, you're right. They did play it safe but honestly in my opinion this is one of the better Ozzfest lineups than the most recent ones. Then again that doesn't say a whole lot. More than anything I'm just happy Hatebreed isn't on it. :lol:

You are right about Ozzy. In fact, I just think Ozzy should retire. Don't get me wrong I love most of his stuff, outside of the last album but he's just been really mediocre in terms of new material and his live performances after he did the Sabbath tour have not been good. I'd like his new album to be great, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm Not so much in agreement with Halford. Yes he needs a lesser schedule, that is true but at least the concerts I've been to, he still hits it. For me I just would really like to see him do Halford material for once as I never have. So, I probably will end up going for him alone. I would've preferred him just to do a tour on his own, which he very well may still do but I'm not risking it as this might be the last time he does Halford material. If this truly is a triple headline I'll be happy as I said. I really don't want to go just for Halford and it only be 45 minutes to be honest.