How Ozzfest goes Freebie

What the heck, I'll do it and let you all know how easy it was :lol:

Ozzfest has over-priced merch and concessions just like every other tour and venue. I can't pass on seeing Nile, Ankla, Daath, Behemoth, and Lordi for free and on the same day! The name of the tour means nothing to me. I'd see these bands anytime they came through town, so what's to stop me for seeing them for free?! :D

Anyone ever go to a sporting event or concert, etc. and you have people coming up to you asking you if you want a free beach towel, cell phone, or some other junky gift? Then of course they drag you over and try to get you to sign up for a new credit card or 2 year phone subscription or whatever else they're selling in order to get said junky gift. This is the exact same thing.

Jason

Ahh, the plot thins....

Ozzfest VIP Packages on sale May 29th.

On May 29th, 2007 Ozzfest will begin selling VIP ticket packages on ozzfest.com. In addition to the popular Party Like A Rockstar VIP ticket package, Ozzfest is inviting fans to get up on stage with Ozzy with the new I'm Part Of The Show VIP ticket package.

Plus a very few lucky fans will again have an opportunity to MEET OZZY and his band with the Platinum VIP ticket package. Check ozzfest.com in the coming days for additional information.

Read the package descriptions and VIP Guest instructions at www.ozzfest.com/vip before purchasing.

party like a rockstar
The Ozzfest Party Like a Rockstar Package is $300.** and includes:
Preferred Pavilion Seating - A ticket in the GA pit (if available), or a seat in the first few rows
Access to the Second Stage VIP Viewing Platform
Access to a VIP Area - Your oasis away from the crowd
Behind the Scenes Tour - See some cool stuff no one else will see
Ozzfest VIP Host - On hand to help you rock harder than you have ever rocked before
** Plus Service Charges. Price will be $10 - $25 higher in some markets due to increased facility costs/additional services.

i'm part of the show
The Ozzfest I'm Part Of The Show Package is $666.** per person and includes:

Be On The Stage for the Ozzy performance - Your friends in the audience will see you right there on stage with Ozzy!
(not a lot of extra bang for a lot of extra dough, imo.)
Preferred Pavilion Seating - A ticket in the GA pit (if available) or a seat in the first few rows
Access to the Second Stage VIP Viewing Platform
Access to a VIP Area - Your oasis away from the crowd
Behind the Scenes Tour - See some cool stuff no one else will see
Ozzfest VIP Host - On hand to help you rock harder than you have ever rocked before
** Plus Service Charges. Price will be $10 - $25 higher in some markets due to increased facility costs/additional services.

Stay tuned to www.ozzfest.com and www.LiveNation.com for the most up to date information on this summer's extravaganza.

To go directly to The Ozzfest VIP Package Sale, go to www.ozzfest.com/vip on May 29, 2007 at NOON Local Time

Limit: 4 tickets per order

Whole lot of if, ands or whatevers in there. I like to know what I'm getting for my money.

They've always done the expensive VIP packages. Not sure they were ever that much but they had various levels I think for anywhere between $200-$400 though sometimes higher depending the show.

Basically, think of it as BB Kings on the more expensive side. You get the VIP area and a behind the scenes tour. for $366 more, you get to watch Ozzy read from the teleprompter.

No matter how it is spun. This is going to have "Danger" written all over it. The chaos of the free tickets with no reserve seats is the start. There you are with your free ticket, you go to get a drink or food, come back and someone else, has your seat. That alone is going to create a few fights because we all know how some people get after a few drinks. Next issue will be the war between those paying for packages and the free ticketers (Crap with be flying all over the place. Get ready to be pleated with stuff). Combine all this with the list of bands playing and you can gather that the reports from these shows will be interesting. An insurance company nightmare to say the least.

The best is yet to come...Bring on Gigantour!!!

(Crap with be flying all over the place. Get ready to be pleated with stuff).

Has there ever been an Ozzfest where someone (usually whatever unforunate oddball band or band that gets on Mrs Ozzy's bad side) isn't getting pelted with some sort of item?

Dave already announced there would be no Gigantour this year due to Megadeth's tour schedule.

He should let someone take the reigns in setting it up and have someone OTHER than Megadeth headline. :yow: