Ozzfest bands announced

prog/power fans being disappointed with Ozzfest, is like a bunch of doom/death metal fans being disappointed with the ProgPower roster.

We can't have it all! Even if we want to. =d

Who the fuck cares about Ozzfest.......We have a better festival to attend every year. Like Dragonforce, a euro-band needed to fit the bill to sell more too the "undergrounders" and bring true fans of music around. As for a flavor of the week, read my friends and you would have found that Lordi has been growing an American fan base for months now. They appeal to Rock fans and Metal heads alike.
Now as for the "Frat" comment, completely wrong. Frat boys don't fit what you are tring to put into words. Those kind of Kids are just looking for a great show like anyone else, and just have no clue about leaving there money bubble to see a good one. Ozzfest is a popular show and if Prog-power was being plugged every time you watch MTV2, they would want to see that also.
Lamb of God & Lordi Fits what an American Festival is......MONEY!!!! What will sell.
Metal is becoming mainstream again and if we like it or not, we can't stop it. These dudes need money too and the thought of turning on MTV and seeing a FIREWIND video is great. One day I hope to see many more hit the mainstream market so we can see more of them in our country.
I don't care if a frat boy is sitting next to me or not.

Sorry for the rant.
M@

This is why I love MegaDave for bringing GOOD bands onto Gigantour.

Exactly. Gigantour is such a better tour. Maybe Sharon saw who Gigantour booked and decided to take a chance. LOG played Gigantour last year. Lordi has a good following here but is massive overseas. Maybe the name "OZZFEST" needs an overhaul. Call it something else. Bet Gignatour next time around will not be free. Remember you get what you pay for. :heh:

They could not pay me to see this mess. In fact, Even if they threw in a night with Lady Angellyca and Norma Stitz I would not go.

I am gonna see Lordi in Philly. No need to see a brain destroyed former rocker who does not even know who he is!

thats like saying ankla is nothing like korn
Thanks for clearing that up.

sh0kr0k said:
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Ankla, especially live!
I'm counting on a kick-ass show!!!! Having heard Steep Trails and seen Puya live with Ramon I have nothing but the highest expectations. Won't do Ozzfest myself, but they're playing here in Puerto Rico in May. I'm not planning on missing the show.

¡Suelta el Ankla! :headbang:

They also just added 3 inches of blood and Daath to the bill

I really like 3IOB, havent heard much Daath

I'm counting on a kick-ass show!!!! Having heard Steep Trails and seen Puya live with Ramon I have nothing but the highest expectations. Won't do Ozzfest myself, but they're playing here in Puerto Rico in May. I'm not planning on missing the show.

¡Suelta el Ankla! :headbang:

Yes! I bet you'll enjoy them a lot! Every member of the band is talented and Ramon really gets to shine! Enjoy the show!!

They also just added 3 inches of blood and Daath to the bill

Sweeeet!

weak bands...not even worth it for "free"
'Weak' or you just don't like them? :lol:

As long as Nile doesn't play at 9am and they get decent sound, it will be cool for them. This is from Nile's main man Karl:

www.myspace.com/nilecatacombs

Been getting a lot of messages about Ozzfest, and the general concensus is, we are either giving a good reason for metalheads to go to the show, or we're going someplace we don't belong becuase we're "too heavy for Ozzfest".

Well, here's how I see it.

There is a brief scene in Pvt Ryan,
during the opening sequence on the Normandy beach ,
where just for a few seconds the camera moves to a viewpoint
of a German Machine Gunner - looking over his machine gun sights down onto the beach-who is laying waste to countless U.S.
soldiers as the doors open up to their boats and they are all just helpless
and vulnerable , in the water and struggling onto the beach ,exposed to devastating machine gunfire -
and from this vantage point, one can not help but get the feeling , if only for a moment , of what it must feel like to be that machine gunner ,
with so many helpless targets right in your sights to mow down at will.
Of course , for that Machine Gunner , you also feel that , however awesome it must be for those priceless few moments of Godly Slaughter ,
t will inevitably be short lived , because he is soon to be roasted alive in his Bunker as soon as Tom Hanks and friends make it up the hill.
But for those few moments of unimpeded opportunity to mow down wave after wave of helpless targets ,
it had to be utterly Godly.

Thats why we are doing Ozzfest.
We will be the first Real Death Metal Band to ever play Ozzfest ,
and the chance to lay waste to thousands and Thousands of Mall Metal Posers is just too once-in-a-lifetime to pass up.
In the words of Ross Dolan,
"Metal will take place"

I could care less about how much incredible exposure it will be
to play Ozzfest ;
I am just thrilled at the possibility of Metal Carnage on a Mass Scale.
Those Venues will look like Omaha Beach when we are done.

-Karl

No joke....
Hatebeak

I was listening to Hatebeak when I read this thread.

BIRDSEEDS OF VENGEANCE!

As a longtime Nile fan, I might have to try to hit up Ozzfest this year.

We will be the first Real Death Metal Band to ever play Ozzfest, and the chance to lay waste to thousands and Thousands of Mall Metal Posers is just too once-in-a-lifetime to pass up.
In the words of Ross Dolan, "Metal will take place"

I could care less about how much incredible exposure it will be
to play Ozzfest ; I am just thrilled at the possibility of Metal Carnage on a Mass Scale. Those Venues will look like Omaha Beach when we are done.

-Karl

This is awesome! I'm not sure if I should laugh maniacally, throw up the horns, or do both .... Both! :lol: :lol: :lol: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

No joke....
Hatebeak

I was listening to Hatebeak when I read this thread.

BIRDSEEDS OF VENGEANCE!

As a longtime Nile fan, I might have to try to hit up Ozzfest this year.

Haha! That's awesome! I know those guys! That's Nick (DemonOfTheWoods) brother's band ... and I think they might be talking about having Nick record some stuff for their next album. Don't know if they will be doing any live shows with him. (And that's the Reptillion Records site ... they're right next door to one of my favorite bars - The Ottobar - here in Baltimore. Damn, sometimes the world feels so small.)

Just checked out some Nile and Daath...I remember listening to Nile a long time ago and didn't care for them...funny thing is..now...I don't think they're that bad at all and I'd love some album recommendations.

Daath isn't too bad either.