Bands For The Sh**ty-Ass-Generic-Piece Of Garbage-Core Fest Announced (Ozzfest Merged

The mystery band would have to be a reunited Metallica with Cliff Burton for me to sit through that bullshit. Holy Christ, is that a bad lineup.

Disturbed, System of a Down and Lacuna Coil are the only bands I'd see.
Not for that amount of money that they'll charge for seats.

Oh yeah.. Anyone with hopes regarding the surprise band?

Only bands I would see on that bill would be System of a Down, Disturbed and Strapping Young Lad. Why doesn't SYL ever get the respect it's due, they could put on a full-length set.

After all that went down between Sharon and Maiden last year, that festival will never see a drop of my cash. I can see any of the bands I listed above on a smaller-scale tour without supporting the Osborne empire and putting up with a bunch of teenie-boppers...

Entropiastrife said:
between the buried and me have a lot of prog elements to their music, some of it even reminds of me of dream theater, you guys shouldnt overlook them

I totally agree with you. Their last album Alaska was was in my top 5 albums of last year. They are very progressive, but I think many people on this board wouldn't give them a chance because of how they look and the label they are on. Most would awesome they are just going to be generic metalcore shit.

If anyone is interested I found an e-card so you can check them out. I suggest listening to the song Alaska (it's a bit extreme, but progressive influences), although the song Selkies is quite good too..
Here

Between the Buried and Me ripped me off. I heard "Selkies" (awesome prog tune mixed with modern elements) on Sirius and loved it. I was seriously blown away. I went straight out to Circuit City and grabbed "Alaska." I found out that other than the one tune and a couple of proggy instrumentals, the rest was absolute shit. It was one speed and the vocals were ass. Hell, I had the booklet/lyrics in front of me and I still couldn't understand what the hell he was shouting for the most part.

It was my biggest musical letdown of the year.

Glenn H.

Harvester said:
Between the Buried and Me ripped me off. I heard "Selkies" (awesome prog tune mixed with modern elements) on Sirius and loved it. I was seriously blown away. I went straight out to Circuit City and grabbed "Alaska." I found out that other than the one tune and a couple of proggy instrumentals, the rest was absolute shit. It was one speed and the vocals were ass. Hell, I had the booklet/lyrics in front of me and I still couldn't understand what the hell he was shouting for the most part.

Glenn H.

Haha, sorry to hear that Glenn. Yes the vocals are rather rough, if you aren't used to that style. Musically they blow me away though, I have been into them since their demo cd.

BABS said:
Only bands I would see on that bill would be System of a Down, Disturbed and Strapping Young Lad. Why doesn't SYL ever get the respect it's due, they could put on a full-length set.

Did you get to see them on their headlining tour? it slayed.. and Reflux opened!

booB said:
Did you get to see them on their headlining tour? it slayed.. and Reflux opened!

No I didn't. I still prefer DTB over SYL, but still dig SYL. Seeing how low they were on the Ozzfest chain just makes me sad. Sometimes you wonder if some sort of "gate-keeping" goes on because certain people don't want others to learn that there are talented bands out there.

Regor said:
The mystery band is going to be Avenged Sevenfold.

Well, you don't know that for a fact. They were part of the same rumor mill as Body Count. Either way, it will be crap.

I was honestly thinking they could have put a semi-decent line-up of bands that would still appeal to the younger crowd (IE - Opeth, Dark Tranquillity, Children of Bodom, etc).

Harvester said:

Glenn H.

I agree with you, it sounds like they just take random parts and throw them together.