POISON/RATT SUMMER 2007 TOUR

I saw Ratt and Poison together, back in the day, while Ratt was supporting Dancing Undercover and Poison was supporting Look What the Cat Dragged In. Fun show. Both bands sounded tight and were very energetic. Ahhh... the glory days... when men dressed like women and women dressed like strippers. I miss the 80s.

Zod
I saw that tour too but Poison was not very good in Atlanta that night.

I am going to the 8/12 show in Los Angeles, CA. Got my tickets already through Gibson membership. Only band I am not interested in the bill is White Lion. Otherwise I look forward to seeing Stephen back where he belongs, fronting RATT (the main reason I am going).

I saw Ratt at least 4 or 5 times back in the day and they were consistantly the worst live band ever! I loved their albums but every time I saw them live they were awful. The last time I saw them was in New Haven, Ct. around '89 or '90 and I walked out halfway through their set. I only went to see Kix anyway (they rocked!).

Def can't wait to see this. I have never seen Ratt before but I have seen Stephen Pearcy. Pearcy was not great live when I saw him but hopefully some chemistry can be restored in the band. I just wanna see Warren D Martini rip it up on stage, he is the man. Poison always puts on a great show plus White Lion is opening how can I miss that they are one of my favorite bands ever.

This would seem like a no-brainer show to have at Lakewood, but what do I know? :)

I seem to remember I saw Poison and Ratt back in '99 at Lakewood... Bryant, if you're around... how good's my memory??? LA Guns and Great White are the other 2 bands I think I remember. ;)

Anyway, it was fun, even though I was never a huge fan of Poison, and we wound up with years of mileage from Bryant's "Quit Showin' Yer Boobs" comment to the drunk chick behind us.

I would consider going if it was a convenient date.

Shaye

Actually, I'm seriously considering going to the Greenville, SC show mainly due never seeing Ratt with Stephen Pearcy. Ratt was my band back in the day, I'm 99.9% sure I'll be buying a ticket on May 5th. :headbang: Is anyone else planning on seeing this tour?

Oh HELL yes! I have seen RATT with Pearcy like 3 or 4 times and it's always an amazing show. I had always heard that Pearcy was a real shit to work with, but when I met him two years ago, I was amazed at how down to earth he was and totally cool. Hopefully he's mellowed out now and has worked things out with the band. I don't care what anyone says, I love RATT - I loved them then and I love them now. I can remember listening to Round and Round in a buddy's basement on cassette when I was in the sixth grade. I'll be there, front and center!

I'd like to know who is in charge of their tour routing :zombie:

I simply love these two bands, and sure hope to make it to at least one event, but I can't help to wonder if it's big enough to be at large event venues like Nokia Live and DTE Amphlitheater. Seems they may be aiming a little high, unless there is something I overlooked like recently-released new material.[/booking agent mode]

[fan mode] SWEET!!

I have always enjoyed seeing Poison (approximately 4/5 times) and they put on a good show. I have never seen the full incarnation of RATT but only Stephen Pearcy solo stuff. The first time I saw Stephen Pearcy was on a solo tour about 5 years ago in Orlando @ the house of blues with Rob Rock as the opener. I had never heard of Rob Rock at the time and wasn't holding out for anything special and was quite impressed with what I heard and strted to look for RR cd's. Then the abortion known as the Stephen Pearcy band took the stage and I must admit it was one of the first times that I ever wanted to walk out on a show except my friend who I was with wanted to suffer through the death he called a song set. He was stoned and drunk and couldn't sing his own songs and started. I barely recognized Your In Love and Lay It Down along with other staple songs. Then he branched and started to play cover songs and never came back to Ratt songs.

I have seen him once again at the House of Blues when he played with LA Guns and WASP. He was a bit better this time but I swore off Ratt after that misrable experience. Take it or leave it but that was my Stephen Pearcy/Ratt experience.

Wow, it sounds like Ratt and Stephen Pearcy suck live! :erk: It appeals to me that Ratt actually has John Corabi with them though. I saw him back in 94' with Motley Crue and he did an outstanding job. He sure made a chump out of Vince Neil, which isn't saying much! :lol:

~Brian~

Caught the show last night in Greenville, SC. It was just Ratt and Poison, no Vains of Jenna. Ratt was typical Ratt, a little too loud, not too tight. Good to hear Stephen back on vocals though. Poison was top notch. They know how to headline a show. Tons of energy, good sound, and the crowd was really into it. A little bummed that Vains of Jenna doesn't start until this Sunday. If your into hair metal you won't be dissapointed.

Caught the show last night in Greenville, SC. It was just Ratt and Poison, no Vains of Jenna. Ratt was typical Ratt, a little too loud, not too tight. Good to hear Stephen back on vocals though. Poison was top notch. They know how to headline a show. Tons of energy, good sound, and the crowd was really into it. A little bummed that Vains of Jenna doesn't start until this Sunday. If your into hair metal you won't be dissapointed.

I'm curious, how large was the crowd? The Bi-Lo Center is a large place, so I'm interested to see how well they did. Did Ratt sound like classic Ratt or are they trying to sound modern like Skid Row?

~Brian~

The crowd was not that big. They played in the "Pepsi Pavillon", which means they had to move the stage up. They also did not open the upper deck. It's hard for me to judge numbers not sure what to guess. Ratt sounded like classic Ratt, just like 1985 when I say them headline.

RATT:

01. I'm Insane
02. Wanted Man
03. Back For More
04. Closer To My Heart
05. Drive Me Crazy
06. Slip Of The Lip
07. Lay It Down
08. You're In Love
09. Body Talk
10. Way Cool Jr.
11. Lack Of Communication