Dragonforce to do off-day Shows while touring with Ozzfest

Jibrille

Mar 1, 2005
Albany NY
I don't think I have seen this on here. I just got a ticketmaster alert and thought it had to be a mistake but it's on their website. They will be headlining some shows here and there when Ozzfest is off.

Here are the dates on their website.
Fri Jun. 30 - Eugene, OR - WOW Hall --- Headline show
Wed Jul. 05 - Colorado Springs, CO - The Black Sheep --- Headline show
Wed Jul. 12 - Ft. Worth, TX - Ridglea Theatre --- Headline show
Fri Jul. 14 - Minneapolis, MN - The Quest --- DragonForce & Lacuna Coil
Mon Jul. 17 - Traveres City, MI - Streeters --- Headline show
Mon Jul. 24 - Louisville, KY - Headliners --- Headline show
Mon Jul. 31 - Poughkeepsie, NY, The Chance --- Headline show
Wed Aug. 02 - South Burlington, VT - Higher Ground --- Headline show
Thu Aug. 03 - Clifton Park, NY - Northern Lights --- Special guest of 'Atreyu'
Thu Aug. 10 - Charlotte, NC - Tremont Music Hall --- Headline show
Fri Aug. 11 - Atlanta, GA, The Masquerade --- DragonForce & Lacuna Coil
Sat Aug. 12 - Tallahassee, FL - The Beta Bar --- Headline show
Mon Aug. 14 - Lake Buena Vista, FL, House of Blue --- Headline show
Tue Aug. 15 - St. Petersburg, FL, State Theatre --- Headline show
Fri Aug. 18 - Houston, TX, Meridian --- Headline show

Added VT date.
Added Poughkeepsie (NY), Florida, Atlanta & Houston dates. These guys are insane.
Added MN, MI, NC, KY & another FL gig

Jibrille said:
I don't think I have seen this on here. I just got a ticketmaster alert and thought it had to be a mistake but it's on their website. They will be headlining some shows here and there when Ozzfest is off.

Here are the dates on their website.
Fri Jun. 30 - Eugene, OR - WOW Hall --- Headline show
Wed Jul. 05 - Colorado Springs, CO - The Black Sheep --- Headline show
Wed Jul. 12 - Ft. Worth, TX - Ridglea Theatre --- Headline show
Thu Aug. 03 - Clifton Park, NY - Northern Lights --- Special guest of 'Atreyu'

KICK ASS!!! I will definately be at the one in Ft. Worth - that's only 15 min. from my house. I was seriously considering driving to San Antonio to see them at Ozzfest but now I don't have to. Lacuna Coil was the only other band I would have wanted to see but I just saw them with Rob Zombie last month.

Harvester said:
Let's just say that things are in progress and leave it at that for now.

You always sound so damn sinister. =)

I hope things work out.

Thursday, August 3
Northern Lights * 7:30pm
ATREYU
with special guests:
Dragonforce * Beyond All Reason * Last Call
Tickets $18.50 adv/$22 door on sale 6-9 @ 10am at all
Ticketmaster locations, club box office and
on line at www.northernlightslive.com

Im happy that DF won't headline, so that way my girlfriend will have to check them out before ATREYU. Will be attending the OZZFEST 2 days before the show in BOSTON, so it will be cool to check out exactly how the sets will vary from opening the main stage and the club show...:headbang:

For the Atreyu/Dragonforce show, I'll only be staying around for Dragonforce. I refuse to listen to another Last Call set and if Beyond All Reason is the one I found on myspace, I have no desire to see them live. I'm also not likely to stick around for Atreyu. It solves my problem of not having to go to Ozzfest to see them but the bill for this show is hardly any better, just cheaper. Any other band I like at Ozzfest, I have seen before.

Phrozenspite said:
for August theres a Dragonforce show in Burlington VT, they have Between The Buried and Me with them

I assume (hope) that is simply an Ozzfest off-date.

Well, I would like to think if DragonForce had any say in the matter (Which I am sure they dont anymore) that they would bring along their pals in Power Quest, though I know that we won't be that lucky.

Based on who I know is touring this fall in the US, I am going to guess one of the following co-headliners:
- Sonata Arctica (maybe not based on Glenn's comment)
- Symphony X
- King Diamond (would be cool pairing)
- Emperor (weirder things could happen!!!)

An interesting comment from my girlfriend about Dragonforce, "I would probably like them if they were the first metal band I ever heard."

Anyhow, if they come to Atlanta.. I'm sure we'd see them as long as the cost was reasonable. Just as something to do, and hopefully they'll have a good co-headliner. Either way I'm sure they are fun live.

Cheiron said:
An interesting comment from my girlfriend about Dragonforce, "I would probably like them if they were the first metal band I ever heard."

Anyhow, if they come to Atlanta.. I'm sure we'd see them as long as the cost was reasonable. Just as something to do, and hopefully they'll have a good co-headliner. Either way I'm sure they are fun live.
They're playing Atl. with Lacuna Coil & Between the Buried and Me on Aug. 11th. at the Masquerade.

For the Florida people, DF are also playing headline shows in Orlando and St. Pete. House of Blues on the 14th & State Theatre in St. Pete the 15th. Both of those are listed as + Special Guests & Between the Buried and Me.