Weird tour with Turisas, Firewind and Stolen Babies

nomisofsiman

Sep 19, 2008
Wheaton, IL
This has to be one of the more interesting tour packages. I used to be really into Turisas back when they first made a mark on the Paganfest tour. I didn't hear great things about the last album; however, I'm sure they're still great live. This tour is just an odd combination of bands.

“Guards of Glory – North American Tour 2013″ feat. TURISAS with special guests FIREWIND, STOLEN BABIES
Sat/Feb-02–Jacksonville, FL–Roc Bar
Sun/Feb-03–Atlanta, GA–The Masquerade – Downstairs
Tue/Feb-05–Richmond, VA–Empire
Wed/Feb-06–New York, NY–Gramercy Theatre
Thu/Feb-07–Worcester, MA–The Palladium – Upstairs
Fri/Feb-08–Montreal, QC–Les Foufounes Électriques
Sat/Feb-09–Toronto, ON–The Mod Club
Sun/Feb-10–Chicago, IL–Bottom Lounge
Mon/Feb-11–Cleveland, OH–Peabody’s Downunder
Wed/Feb-13–Minneapolis, MN–Mill City Nights
Fri/Feb-15–Denver, CO–Marquis Theatre
Sat/Feb-16–Salt Lake City, UT–In the Venue
Mon/Feb-18–Seattle, WA–Studio Seven
Tue/Feb-19–Vancouver, BC–Biltmore Cabaret
Wed/Feb-20–Portland, OR–Branx
Thu/Feb-21–Oakland, CA–Oakland Metro OperaHouse
Fri/Feb-22–West Hollywood, CA–Key Club*
Sat/Feb-23–Santa Ana, CA–The Constellation Room*
Mon/Feb-25–Tempe, AZ–910 Live*
Thu/Feb-28–Dallas, TX–Door*
Fri/Mar-01–San Antonio, TX–White Rabbit*
Sat/Mar-02–Houston, TX–Warehouse Live*
Mon/Mar-04–Orlando, FL–The Social*
Tue/Mar-05–Ft. Lauderdale, FL–Culture Room*
Wed/Mar-06–Tampa, FL–State Theatre*
*=TURISAS and FIREWIND only

Probably won't go because it's on a Thursday. I hate Stolen Babies, used to like Turisas (kind of burnt out of folk metal at the moment). If anything, i'd go for Firewind (their first 5 albums were great) but not being a fan of their latest two albums means I could probably do without seeing them live again.

I don't get this lineup at all, but I would go just for Firewind.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I don't get this lineup at all, but I would go just for Firewind.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

it is actually a very smart line up....you get a variety of bands. If it was Firewind with some other 3rd rate power metal act they would be playing in front of 50 people a night. With the mix of genre's they will play in front of many many more.

it is actually a very smart line up....you get a variety of bands. If it was Firewind with some other 3rd rate power metal act they would be playing in front of 50 people a night. With the mix of genre's they will play in front of many many more.

Well, Firewind's last tour had them out with some diverse acts (Nightrage and Arsis) and that didn't seem to help.

I agree. I always prefer tours with more variety.

Thu/Feb-21–Oakland, CA–Oakland Metro OperaHouse

So I'm going to this place tomorrow for the Wintersun show, I hope it's not the dump it appears to be on Google Street View.

0309.jpg

Nevermind.

True, but when was the last time you heard anyone talk about TURISAS?
You guys would know better than I, but do the kids still come out for them?

True, but when was the last time you heard anyone talk about TURISAS?
You guys would know better than I, but do the kids still come out for them?

Apparently the Paganfest run last year or whenever it was that had Turisas and Arkona did really really well.

Yeah, its not my scene at all.
It just seemed like a few years back when bands like that toured, there would be lots of talk.
I never heard even one peep about that big package that featured Korpiklaani.

Yeah, its not my scene at all.
It just seemed like a few years back when bands like that toured, there would be lots of talk.
I never heard even one peep about that big package that featured Korpiklaani.

Jason,

You realize the Eluveitie/Wintersun tour is selling out dozens of shows right?