ICED EARTH / SYMPHONY X North American Tour Announced (correct info)

You know, I got all excited until I saw that Symphony X wasn't going to be on the bill in DC. Yet again I won't be seeing them. For all the times they have been in DC, I have missed them every single time since they toured with Blind Guardian.

I'm Happy to hear they're playing a bigger venue in DC - 9:30 Club - but I won't be there.. That part of DC isn't where I want to be after dark - or when the sun's up....

I'm Happy to hear they're playing a bigger venue in DC - 9:30 Club - but I won't be there.. That part of DC isn't where I want to be after dark - or when the sun's up....

Have you been there recently? I stayed away for the same reason for the longest time, but when I caught Volbeat there a few months ago I noticed that the area seems dramatically improved.

Warbringer? really? I mean as if the tour even needed an opener, they could have went with a more suitable band. Must have been a Finberg decision...go figure. It might have actually made sense to consider something that made more sense to be on the tour, but whateva.

I don't even think they're terribly out of place on this tour....it's not like Iced Earth is a stranger to thrash in their metal.

Wish this tour were coming here. Need to see Iced Earth with Stu.

Warbringer? really? I mean as if the tour even needed an opener, they could have went with a more suitable band. Must have been a Finberg decision...go figure. It might have actually made sense to consider something that made more sense to be on the tour, but whateva.

I am not that familiary with Warbringer, but reading their description, I can see what Patrick means. However, sometimes I think the opener is chosen to try and bring in people that might not have gone to the show in the first place.

For example, I went to see Sabaton last month and 'surprise' Blackguard was the middle band. (Happily, we were able to go outside during their show). However, I was really surprised at the number of people that were "there" to see Blackguard and even left after Blackguard (which was fine for us - we were at the stage).

While it might be nice to get a full ticket of just bands in the same genre, whatever helps the bands and keeps them coming out works for me.

I don't even think they're terribly out of place on this tour....

Me either. I don't find it odd.

RE the band themselves, I've managed to only see Warbringer once and they were about as exciting as I'd figured (as in, not at all) but the amount of people wearing their Tshirts after was staggering.

My personal opinion, I would rather see mixed bills of bands offering a variety of sounds rather than a bunch of bands all playing the same thing. I recently went to a doom show where there were four bands all playing the same thing, and as awesome as each band was individually, 5 hours of it was a bit much.

Warbringer are, in my opinion, top of their class when it comes to nu-thrash. I saw them on their headlining gig this past weekend, and they were fantastic.

New CD is fucking great, too. So yeah, they deserve to be on this tour. Those guys tour their asses off. John (Kevill) told me they play some 300 shows a year. CRAZY. But metal is their job, and I respect the hell outta them getting out there.

Back to Iced Earth (PLEASE!):

This tour will rule if the setlists are stellar. I know Iced Earth is playing Dante's Inferno. Yes. SymX needs to bring in some old cuts too, methinks!

Warbringer are, in my opinion, top of their class when it comes to nu-thrash. I saw them on their headlining gig this past weekend, and they were fantastic.

New CD is fucking great, too. So yeah, they deserve to be on this tour. Those guys tour their asses off. John (Kevill) told me they play some 300 shows a year. CRAZY. But metal is their job, and I respect the hell outta them getting out there.

I think people should really take a minute or two and listen to their music. Here's the video for Shattered Like Glass (2011):

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5wqtSFuGLc&ob=av3e[/ame]

Thrash metal fans really can't say this doesn't appeal to them at all. I might not be their fan, but this is well done. Plus, the band on their own will pull in a few extra people to these shows. Stylistically it may not make sense, but business-wise it does.

Personally I think Warbringer is a great fit for the bill. It could be a helluva alot worse!

~Brian~

Looks pretty good there. Good to see Angels Holocaust and Pure Evil on the set. Can't wait to hear Stu on the old tracks! (we know he sounds good on the new ones!!!)

No AZ date?? Really guys? Really? Fuck it :mad:

As it was a Finberg fiasco, I imagine that it was offered to Mosh Pit Army, and at a considerable sum of money with 3 bands on the bill. Be that as it is, I imagine that it would have to have gone into the Marquee Theater, where SyX just played.

I have no idea how they did a few months ago there, but I know the BG show only sold about 250-300 tickets, if that.

My guess is that all in all, this would've set any promoter in phoenix back around $20-$30,000 right off the bat, with the ability to add maybe 2 locals. Iced Earth hasn't been to these parts in a very, very long time and SyX was JUST here.

Honestly, at $30, even $40 a ticket, do you think this show would have recouped it's money here? You were at the Cage show.