Weird tour with Turisas, Firewind and Stolen Babies

Anyone see this show yet?
I'll be at the Tampa show tomorrow.

I saw the show in Portland a couple of weeks ago. Small crowd, maybe 150 people, but at a small venue so it didn't feel empty. Crowd was super energetic - crazy mosh pit, crowd surfing, stage diving.

The local opener was not my cup of tea, but I really enjoyed Stolen Babies, Firewind, and Turisas.

Stolen Babies reminded me a little of Diablo Swing Orchestra. Very fun and I was never quite sure what was coming next. Both Firewind and Turisas were very tight. Particularly impressed with Turisas multi-part vocals, that's one area where some bands seem to fall apart live. Turisas' lead singer's banter was quite entertaining as well - he actually knew a bit about our city, talking about other venues in town and local microbrews he enjoyed - that definitely got the crowd cheering.

I've been listening to Turisas for awhile and left happy. I haven't listened to much Firewind but based on their performance I definitely plan on picking up some of their discs.

The only let down was my concert buddy from work didn't show for the second week in a row (he missed Sabaton too). Think it's funny that the old married guy (me) stays out late at metal shows and gets to work early the next morning, but the young single guy stays home to work on home improvement projects.

Kelly was really good last night, we had the pleasure of opening for this tour in orlando. Pretty decent turnout for a Monday down here. I would say around 150s. It was almost impossible to set our gear up in front of theirs but we made what we could happen! fun show! great fans! Meet bob from Firewind and got to chat for a while with him... really, really cool guy!