Bands For The Sh**ty-Ass-Generic-Piece Of Garbage-Core Fest Announced (Ozzfest Merged

Jasonic said:
Well, you don't know that for a fact. They were part of the same rumor mill as Body Count. Either way, it will be crap.

I was honestly thinking they could have put a semi-decent line-up of bands that would still appeal to the younger crowd (IE - Opeth, Dark Tranquillity, Children of Bodom, etc).
Opeth & Dark Tranquillity are way beyond semi decent. but Sharon doesn't know that.

tattooedsean666 said:
why is any energy spent on talking about this fest?:Smug:
I totally agree, this is just a chance for That bitch sharon to showcase her braindead husband. After what she did to Iron Maiden and what they do to other bands i won't waste any amount of money or time to go.

All my sources point to GODSMACK as the yet to be annouced band. some people say Tool but that doesn't make a lick of sense.

Tool should be doing their own headlining tour and Godsmack is bloody terrible.

Lacuna Coil is one of my favorite bands, popular or not, and I like a couple of the other bands, but that is still one very weak line-up - especially considering the price. There is not one surprise or "oh wow!" band on the bill.

Saw Atreyu at Warped Tour. They were decent... but were more focused on 'fuck this.. fuck that' than playing their music.

Disturbed is a great band. Their new album is fantastic.

Lacuna Coil is good too. But... their new album worries me. I have only heard a little, and there was little artistry.

I won't be going... but yeah, not impressed.

Then again. I never have. And have never gone to an Ozzfest. Ok... I would have loved to have seen Iron Maiden and Judas Priest.

This is the biggest waste of media attention in the universe. This is what's WRONG with 'metal' in this country. Kids think that this is what Metal should be?!?!? What a f'ing joke.

BLS is the ONLY band even worth mentioning. Everything else even associated with it is pure unadulterated bullshit!!

Cheiron said:
Lacuna Coil is good too. But... their new album worries me. I have only heard a little, and there was little artistry.

What other songs have you heard besides Our Truth? Everything I've found supposedly to be songs off the album are usually from a band called Xandria.

I have to say that I was underwhelmed with "Our Truth" and am a little worried about the new Lacuna Coil album as well. I heard "Our Truth" on the "Underworld Evolution" soundtrack and it sounded like a half-developed song. I also wasn't crazy about Andrea Ferro getting pushed that far into the background. I am sure I will like the album, but I've waited years for some new material.

Sad to hear about Atreyu. I really liked that last album they put out, but the whole "talking like a bad ass" thing sounds really contrived.

This tour is soooo not interesting to me now. My brother's kinda hoping they get Avenged Sevenfold, but even then, I won't go this year. Firstly out of protest against the evil Sharon Osbourne, and secondly cuz this is a waste of a tour.

m4534984-2860.jpg