Iron Maiden - US Tour this summer!!!

You know what I hate? Milk in my Cereal. I mean, christ, right? Cereal is already FOOD. Why would I ever need to add more food to food that's already edible? Who thought that would be a good idea?!

It is posts like this that make you one of my favorite posters on here, Nailz. If we ever actually meet at a ProgPower, remind me that I need to buy you a beer.

Or a milkbox, whatever.

I checked the prices of the tickets - lawn tix at Lakewood aren't obscene ($78 each - the lawn at Lakewood doesn't suck), but HOLY CRAP - a seat inside the amphitheatre at over $300 bucks for rows a-y?

I know things are crazy now... but I can't help but compare this to my floor seats at Wembley for Dire Straits and AC/DC which were 10-12 pounds each. Or my Floor RUSH tix for $15. Or my $12 nosebleed seats for Dio... but it was the FOX theatre, so the seats were really pretty close.

I am a big fan of laizzes-faire (sp) economics, and supply/demand was beaten into me as a young child, but it still amazes me. Still - they wouldn't have these prices if people weren't willing to pay them.

Just one more reason I loves me some ProgPower. For less than half the price of 23rd row seats to a 2 1/2 hour show, crappy parking and a crazy drive, I get a Gold Pass to a 2 day event giving me 14 bands, many of whom are USA exclusives and/or debuts - and I can be on the rail, photographing to my hearts delight.

Geez, I am such a freaking Glenn fanboy.

I believe the tickets you're referring to are through a third-party ticket broker. Ticketmaster hasn't put up any information for the Atlanta/Lakewood show. They'll be much cheaper, don't worry!

I believe the tickets you're referring to are through a third-party ticket broker. Ticketmaster hasn't put up any information for the Atlanta/Lakewood show. They'll be much cheaper, don't worry!

Correct. The price for the only show listed so far (Michigan) is $100ish for seats and $50ish for lawns. That sounds about right.

I checked the prices of the tickets - lawn tix at Lakewood aren't obscene ($78 each - the lawn at Lakewood doesn't suck), but HOLY CRAP - a seat inside the amphitheatre at over $300 bucks for rows a-y?

Where the heck are you looking for tickets, dude? Holy crap, I've never heard of $78 lawn seats anywhere!!! I think dcowboys is right, you can't possibly have looked in the right place.

Where the heck are you looking for tickets, dude? Holy crap, I've never heard of $78 lawn seats anywhere!!! I think dcowboys is right, you can't possibly have looked in the right place.

Weren't lawn tix like 100+ for the Eagles a couple years ago? I wanted to see them, too expensive, Roger Water's Wall Tour, too expensive....However, I might just have to try to see Maiden at SummerFest......I'll go to that show solo if I have to! :heh:

I stupidly thought I was looking at the Lakewood Amphitheatre ticket site - decided to go to Maiden's site directly and, yup, "tickets available soon."

So I shall hold out hope.

I have a question i was looking around on different sites all ticket brokers but how do they sell seats they even don't have and already they have iron maiden tickets on sale for Atlanta How can that be? when its going to be that electronic ticket deal and plus i have joined the fan club too..thats very wierd not no surprise but still i figured ticket brokers wouldn't have access till after they went on sale..:headbang:

Seats at Verizon Wireless Charlotte (on LiveNation site) are listed at $25-85 so I would assume they are in the same ballpark at other venues for this tour. I'll gladly pay $100 for probably the last chance I will get to see them and sit down close.

Cost is going to be the major deciding factor if I can get to the MA show. If I can make the budget work, that week will be a fucking epic metal week for me because I'll go to Maiden on Tuesday, then hit the road on Wednesday towards Ohio for Warriors of Metal that weekend. I'll probably be throwing the horns out my car window for the entire trip too, haha

Seats secured for the Atlanta show.

We should plan one hell of a tailgating session before the show.

Some friends and I are already planning one (and one for the Slayer/Motorhead/Anthrax show on a Saturday, too). Already expecting 40-50 people -- you and anyone else coming to the Atlanta show from this board are more than welcome to join in.

Got my tix to the Charlotte show. I couldn't handle another summertime pit so we got decent seats in the middle. Would love to tailgate in Charlotte but, unfortunately, it will be just me and my stepdaughter. No drinking for me - at least I will remember this one as opposed to the 1985 show where I was a dumb stumbling drunk teen.

You mean that you would not want to have a celebration of all that is Maiden during "An Evening with Iron Maiden"? I mean, Rush does an evening on their own. Queensryche did it. Why not Maiden? If anyone's material commanded it, it is Maiden's.

Because most people aren't going to watch most bands for over an hour 30/45. I know I won't. There are only a handful of bands I'd ever want to see play for more than an hour and 45 minutes. It's not a marathon, it's supposed to be fun.

Because most people aren't going to watch most bands for over an hour 30/45. I know I won't. There are only a handful of bands I'd ever want to see play for more than an hour and 45 minutes. It's not a marathon, it's supposed to be fun.

Three counter points:

1. Most people = young crowd = short attention span. I would argue an older crowd would be far more into an " Evening With"set ala the Dead, Buffett, Rush, etc. The Evergrey marathon from the festival several years ago stayed packed until the end at damn near 0200.

1. If Maiden is only going to play Atlanta every 20 years, then I'll take the marathon gladly.

2. If I don't care for the opener, then I'll take a 2 1/2 hr set from the headliner any day over 2 1/2 hrs from them combined.

Three counter points:

1. If Maiden is only going to play Atlanta every 20 years, then I'll take the marathon gladly.

In this regard, I get it. I'm spoiled and have no idea what that's like to not have a major tour come to my neck of the woods in that huge span of time.

May I ask how everyone got their tix? Are you all Maiden fanclub members? I don't see any presales starting until Friday otherwise. I'm just curious.