Iron Maiden - US Tour this summer!!!

Although I love Coheed and Cambria, why does Maiden even NEED an opener??? That is what frustrates me. If any band should be giving their fans "An Evening With....", it is Maiden. Lord knows they have enough material for a 2 1/2 hour show with a 30 minute intermission.

Although I love Coheed and Cambria, why does Maiden even NEED an opener??? That is what frustrates me. If any band should be giving their fans "An Evening With....", it is Maiden. Lord knows they have enough material for a 2 1/2 hour show with a 30 minute intermission.

You know what I hate? Milk in my Cereal. I mean, christ, right? Cereal is already FOOD. Why would I ever need to add more food to food that's already edible? Who thought that would be a good idea?!

You know what I hate? Milk in my Cereal. I mean, christ, right? Cereal is already FOOD. Why would I ever need to add more food to food that's already edible? Who thought that would be a good idea?!

You mean that you would not want to have a celebration of all that is Maiden during "An Evening with Iron Maiden"? I mean, Rush does an evening on their own. Queensryche did it. Why not Maiden? If anyone's material commanded it, it is Maiden's.

Shocking! No Las Vegas date....LOL!

It's like living on a desert island. We have over a million and half people who live here yet we can get any concerts like this to come here. Guess its time for road trip to LA or Phoenix.

You mean that you would not want to have a celebration of all that is Maiden during "An Evening with Iron Maiden"? I mean, Rush does an evening on their own. Queensryche did it. Why not Maiden? If anyone's material commanded it, it is Maiden's.

I'm not a big fan of Maiden. So, let's stick in another band I actually AM a massive fan of, and all things equal, call it "an evening with Blind Guardian." ...

Still no. I'd rather get another high caliber band I really enjoy as well. The idea that people get angry that they get to see more music is so incredibly frustrating to me that it just feels like people will literally complain about everything. There's nothing stopping IM from putting on a 2 hour set. Having Coheed and Cooper on the tour shouldn't signal "oh lol I guess maiden only plays for an hour! This sucks!"

There's nothing stopping IM from putting on a 2 hour set.

Venue curfews.

Early start times don't happen for a reason - people need time to get to the show. Late finish times don't work because a lot of places have sound ordinances.

Regardless I like the fact that there is an opening act, just saying....

A warm up band isn't only to warm up the crowd.
It also warms up the sounding and lighting as well.

That's why you will usually hear a lot of feedback out of nowhere during an opener at a big show, or you will see random light pots going off that seem out of place. A lot of testing goes on during an opener. Always been that way.

Then there's also the "paying it back" aspect of bringing out a support band.

Maiden wasn't always a headliner you know.

KISS gave them their first tour here in the States.

Huge bummer. They're playing in my back yard (almost literally), playing old songs that my 6-year old son would go nuts over, and I'll be in California all week.

I would have atttended that tour as well in my home town, but I'll be in Paris for my work the week of the show...Still far to be bad to be in France for a couple weeks but it sucks to miss that tour...