Any OZZFEST predictions before tonights announcement?

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
I am quite anxious to see who will grace the stage at this years Ozzfest. The festival has pulled some great surprises in the past in my opinion with the likes of Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dimmu Borgir, Arch Enemy, Dragonforce, etc. basically more quality bands than your typical screamer/core. With the announcement coming tonight does anyone have any speculation or just all around wish lists?

TAKING DAWN - Roadrunner's newest band that as far as I know has nothing booked following their upcoming shows overseas with KISS. We know that Roadrunner has a lot of pull when it comes to Ozzfest so I would not be shocked and would also love to see them do it.

PRIMAL FEAR - This is really a long shot but it would be amazing in my opinion to see these guys tear up the stage for the young legions all summer. The main reason why I can't see them doing it is because they are doing a somewhat lengthy US tour starting in May but the glimmer of hope that I have is that they did cancel their appearance at Wacken this year... hmm.

CHILDREN OF BODOM - Long overdue if you ask me, they are huge in the US and I am sure they would be main stage.

FIREWIND - Gus G. being Ozzy's guitarist now I feel gives him an opportunity ti highlite his band. Zakk did double duty many years on Ozzfest with BLS so I could see Firewind opening the mainstage or even playing during the day on the second stage in front of all the kids.

RATT - Also with Roadrunner who seem to be giving them a decent push. They only have 2 or 3 dates I believe lined up with the Scorpions this summer and thats it. With a new album out they could be the old school addition to Ozzfest this year.

NEVERMORE, SYMPHONY X, CANDLEMASS - Zod just posted something about Warrel hinting about a tour of sorts between these three, could it be they are part of Ozzfest?

MAYHEM - US tour was recently cancelled, not sure what the reasoning was. I am sure that a festival appearance by these Norwegians would bring a lot of shock to the US audience.

Any thoughts?

I am quite anxious to see who will grace the stage at this years Ozzfest. The festival has pulled some great surprises in the past in my opinion with the likes of Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dimmu Borgir, Arch Enemy, Dragonforce, etc. basically more quality bands than your typical screamer/core. With the announcement coming tonight does anyone have any speculation or just all around wish lists?

TAKING DAWN - Roadrunner's newest band that as far as I know has nothing booked following their upcoming shows overseas with KISS. We know that Roadrunner has a lot of pull when it comes to Ozzfest so I would not be shocked and would also love to see them do it.

PRIMAL FEAR - This is really a long shot but it would be amazing in my opinion to see these guys tear up the stage for the young legions all summer. The main reason why I can't see them doing it is because they are doing a somewhat lengthy US tour starting in May but the glimmer of hope that I have is that they did cancel their appearance at Wacken this year... hmm.

CHILDREN OF BODOM - Long overdue if you ask me, they are huge in the US and I am sure they would be main stage.

FIREWIND - Gus G. being Ozzy's guitarist now I feel gives him an opportunity ti highlite his band. Zakk did double duty many years on Ozzfest with BLS so I could see Firewind opening the mainstage or even playing during the day on the second stage in front of all the kids.

RATT - Also with Roadrunner who seem to be giving them a decent push. They only have 2 or 3 dates I believe lined up with the Scorpions this summer and thats it. With a new album out they could be the old school addition to Ozzfest this year.

NEVERMORE, SYMPHONY X, CANDLEMASS - Zod just posted something about Warrel hinting about a tour of sorts between these three, could it be they are part of Ozzfest?

MAYHEM - US tour was recently cancelled, not sure what the reasoning was. I am sure that a festival appearance by these Norwegians would bring a lot of shock to the US audience.

Any thoughts?

I think Firewind also is a lock. Ratt will NOT be one of the bands. The typical fan that usually goes to Ozzfest would hate them. Trust me on this. Taking Dawn? Maybe. Children of Bodom? Definitely overdue but I'm not feeling it.

Other than that, I have the belief that Arsis and Evile will make it for the second stage, maybe even Warbringer too but I don't know what others would do the second stage. As for the main stage, I have this weird feeling that Opeth will be there and maybe Danzig. Also I noticed on Dark Tranquility's site that they have about a month off in August, so I think they're likely as well even though they are touring right before that.

Has there been any actual announcement in terms of if it will be a touring festival or a one-stop destination? I think that changes the dynamic completely.

Children of Bodom are recording for the first half of the summer, and then playing some festivals in Europe. While I agree they're long overdue for Ozzfest, this is not the year.

I do think Firewind are likely, though, because of Gus G.

Me neither. Just don't see the point. Enough of the bands that they get are bands I could see touring on their own for less money and a less obnoxious environment.
I bet the standalone versions of Ozzfest are probably better than the tour version though.

Umm.....I thought most of the bands were leaked already.......

I suppose to keep the spirit of the thread alive, I will just say that the Grave Digger only nailed one of the bands who are likely to appear.

As far as suggestions like Primal Fear??? Come on...get real.
You are talking about a band whose last two albums weren't even released in the States. (at least I think they are only imports)

Bob - There is a slight possibility of this tour having three solid bands on it, but I think that's all speculation at this point. Though, the realistic lineup I have seen floating around is the same old crap that made the fest stale in the first place.

As far as suggestions like Primal Fear??? Come on...get real.
You are talking about a band whose last two albums weren't even released in the States. (at least I think they are only imports)

I don't know what you're talking about. They did release US versions of their albums, now as far as how easy it is to find them in stores...now that's another story. But I know I've seen them in FYE and the version I got was a US version from Amazon.

Bob - There is a slight possibility of this tour having three solid bands on it, but I think that's all speculation at this point. Though, the realistic lineup I have seen floating around is the same old crap that made the fest stale in the first place.

Not the free tour but usually I find there's at least 4 or so decent bands at Ozzfest. Typically 3 headliners and maybe 1 side stage act. As far as it actually being a decent lineup though, probably not; however, it should pretty easily beat that lineup for Mayhem. What is this rumored lineup you speak of?

You really want me to ruin the surprise???

That would really Drive the Devils mad!!!!!
Don't get too Down on the fact that your pet Vultures might get all Crooked over the announcement. The Factory you work at will have no Fear.

I don't know what you're talking about. They did release US versions of their albums, now as far as how easy it is to find them in stores...now that's another story. But I know I've seen them in FYE and the version I got was a US version from Amazon.

Fair enough.
I have only seen them as imports.
Still though, no longer being on Nuc Blast would severely hurt their chances on getting on such a tour. I doubt whatever label they are on these days, can't recall which it is, would be able to afford the buy on anyhow.

from smnnews forum:

Main Stage

Ozzy Osbourne (to headline)
Rammstein or Slipknot or Euro-UK/allstar Act or Stone Sour (to co-headline)
Alice in Chains - doubt this since they are touring with Mastodon and Deftones
Them Crooked Vultures
Mastodon - doubt this since they touring with deftones and Alice in Chains
Fear Factory

Second/Third Stage(s)

Down or DevilDriver (to headline)
Skeletonwitch
Whitechapel
Dirge Within
Children of Bodom - Recording so this probably isnt right either
Mutiny Within
Baroness

from smnnews forum:

Main Stage

Ozzy Osbourne (to headline)
Rammstein or Slipknot or Euro-UK/allstar Act or Stone Sour (to co-headline)
Alice in Chains - doubt this since they are touring with Mastodon and Deftones
Them Crooked Vultures
Mastodon - doubt this since they touring with deftones and Alice in Chains
Fear Factory

Second/Third Stage(s)

Down or DevilDriver (to headline)
Skeletonwitch
Whitechapel
Dirge Within
Children of Bodom - Recording so this probably isnt right either
Mutiny Within
Baroness

yep...not a single decent band on there.