Malevolent Creation

Terminal Spirit Disease

Metal Warrior
Jun 3, 2002
UK, Surrey
www.missingapiece.com
After some big line up changes Malevolent Creation finaly finished their 8th studio album and this is what was said about it.

September 18, 2002 - Malevolent Creation have completed work on there 8th studio album "The Will to Kill". Recorded and mixed at Mana Recording Studio in Tampa, Florida this is the first release to feature the savage style of Kyle Symons on vocals. 40 minutes of pure grinding DEATH METAL!!! The only way to describe this new album is DEADLY. This is by far the best produced MALEVOLENT CREATION (courtesy of producer Jean-Francois Dagenais) in many years and the first release for Nuclear Blast Records in Europe. The album will be released on Arctic Music in North America and everywhere else. Guitar legend James Murphy also laid down a few solos for the song "Assassin Squad" which really brings an old school feel to the track. Release date for the US is November 5th and for Europe November 11th. Also US and European tour's are in the works. Offered here on the website is a preview to the new album with a free download for the 2nd track "Pillage and Burn". The track listing for the new album is as follows: "The Will To Kill", "Pillage And Burn", "All That Remains", "With Murderous Precision", "Lifeblood", "Assassin Squad", "Rebirth OF Terror", "Superior Firepower", "Divide And Conquer", "The Cardinals Law", and "Burnt Beyond Recognition".

So is this going to be the album of the year? Are Malevolent Creation going to stand strong once again? More importantly what do you lot think?

I can't wait! Envenomed was a step back to their greatness(personally, they started to lose it the first time Hoffman was kicked out, and has been gaining it since he came back). Kyle's an awesome vocalist, and as long as it has the speed and intensity of their first couple of albums, then it'll be a great album. I doubt it could beat the new Hate Eternal for album of the year, but it could happen. :)

Perhaps because I'm such a stickler for composition in my music, I far-and-above prefer the new MC to the new Hate Eternal. Insofar as vituosity is concerned, of course HE sport some of the scene's best but the MC guys are, in my humble opinion, more mature musicians, and this really shines through in the compositions on this latest release.

Do I think it is album of the year? I'd be inclined to edge 'em out and give that award to either King's Evil or D-666 but it is a return to their former glory and all MC fans will be extremely pleased :headbang:

I think Hate Eternal can kick Malevolent Creation's ass...there was a reason why Roddy left the band...anyways to Soilent Goat, Origin rocks man, especially John Longstreth!