Man Late For GODSMACK Concert Arrested After 110 Mph Ride

Metal head87

Jul 17, 2006
"Indystar.com reports that an Indianapolis man running late for a GODSMACK concert was arrested by a state trooper in western Indiana after fleeing the officer at 110 mph, authorities said.

John M. Leer, 24, was spotted Saturday night at about 5:50 p.m. after police received reports that a white, 1992 Honda was headed south on U.S. 41 from Sullivan at high speed, passing other vehicles in the media.

Trooper Brent Clark clocked the vehicle at 110 mph and tried to stop Leer without success.

"Seconds later, the driver attempted to pass another vehicle but lost control when he entered the grassy median," a state police report said.

"Further investigation revealed that Leer was driving to Evansville to see GODSMACK in concert. Leer was speeding because he was running late and didn't realize Evansville was that far away from Indianapolis."

Leer was held on Class D felony charges of resisting law enforcement and recklessness, state police said. He was also cited for speeding and having an open container of alcohol. "

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

was goin about 100 most of the way to Tucson to see Evergrey/Nevermore/In Flames on this last tour... =P...and about Godsmack, I'm really open minded and all, but I didnt see anything special when I saw them...they played decent, don't get me wrong...but it was decent, and nothing more...shannon larkin was pretty good on the drums, but that was the only above par(or below par, in golf terms??) aspect of the show...

i have to agree with will, the music aint great, but i've seen them twice and they do put on a good show. im fond of the whole drum thing they do. and larkin is just interesting to watch play

Meliah Rage>>>>>>>>>>>>>Godsmack
Even if he wasn't in the band for too long. I think it was only one album but I'm not too sure.

Yeah. Sully Erna from Godsmack. It was Unfinished Dreams. I didn't check it out yet though. Despite Godsmack's shittiness, Meliah Rage was a pretty good band.

Metal head87 said:
Yeah. Sully Erna from Godsmack. It was Unfinished Dreams. I didn't check it out yet though. Despite Godsmack's shittiness, Meliah Rage was a pretty good band.

This doesn't make any sense. You say Meliah Rage ruled, but you hadn't checked it out yet.