Manowar - Battle Hymns re-recorded

Yes, very old news.
And no, I think this is a ridiculous idea to be honest.
Records are supposed to represent a band at "a point in time"

To me, it cries, "Our last 2 albums got terrible reviews, so we have to try something new"

For the record, I did like both Warriors of the World, and Gods of War, but they were not well received by the masses.

Yes, very old news.
And no, I think this is a ridiculous idea to be honest.
Records are supposed to represent a band at "a point in time"

To me, it cries, "Our last 2 albums got terrible reviews, so we have to try something new"

For the record, I did like both Warriors of the World, and Gods of War, but they were not well received by the masses.

Agree completely. It seems every time a band re-records an album, it loses the feel and spark of the initial recording.

I haven't checked out the last two, but I probably will at some point. In general, this is one band that gets a lot of shit, so anything that's said in the masses I take with a grain of salt.

If it says MANOWAR on it, then I will buy it. Karl Logan is from Clarks Summit which is only a few minutes from where I live in PA. I've seen him many times in local bands here and I want to support him because he's always been a very cool person to me. Now I'll have both the original and the new "Battle Hymns" for when either mood should strike me.

I have no issue with this. The re-records usually end up sounding a hell of a lot better to me. Edguy, Dimmu Borgir come to mind. And the old songs that IE re-did with Matt turned out pretty well too.

It seems every time a band re-records an album, it loses the feel and spark of the initial recording.

*slighly off topic*

I defintely feel this way with the new Amorphis re-records. Even though the disc "sounds" better, I think it's missing what made it special the first time the songs were released. My biggest complaint is not having Ville's clean vocals - I think Tomi changes the sound a little too much for my liking. Don't get me wrong, I like Tom's vocals but they aren't the same for the old tunes.

*now back to our regularly scheduled program*

I'm the opposite on the new Amorphis ... I think it's great, but I was not a fan of the band when they released those old classic discs. I became a fan during the Eclipse album so Tommi Joutsen is the singer I identify with most.

I think the singing, musicianship, and production are all improved over the originals, but I understand not everyone will feel that way.

Britt

Both are ok, but have a bit of filler on them unfortunately.

I picked up Gods Of War cheap and I actually really like it. I agree that there is "filler" in that there is a lot of story related stuff which makes for less song content. The songs that are there are pretty good, tho.