Manowar - Feb 8th - Chicago

exactly...the sound has not changed. They have worked their asses off touring here for over 10 years to make a name for themselves. Sure they play bigger clubs and terrible summer festival tours here but they are far from a Hot Topic Metal Band. Sure Hot Topic sells their stuff along with a hundred other bands that most of us like. It would be different if they were altering their sound or look to go mainstream...they have not...I think they have gone stagnant since they have literally done the same thing over and over again.

Doing Mayhem Fest kinda puts you in that scene.
No, fat chicks in Black Veil Brides shirts aren't into them or anything but they have joined the Children of Bodom club in terms of the types of tours they do.

No, fat chicks in Black Veil Brides shirts aren't into them or anything but they have joined the Children of Bodom club in terms of the types of tours they do.

So Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth and Motorhead are Hot Topic bands then?

At first glance, I misread this by looking at the beginning of each sentence. I thought you said "Doing fat chicks..."

various things on Yelp and Google reviews, just type it into google and read some reviews

Sounds like any other venue really. A lot of the complaints are stuff that happens at concerts; plus, the thing is about yelp and the like is sometimes it feels people purposely give something a bad review.

Sounds like any other venue really. A lot of the complaints are stuff that happens at concerts; plus, the thing is about yelp and the like is sometimes it feels people purposely give something a bad review.

exactly...the only thing I didn't like to hear was how hot it gets in there...but at any show that is packed it will be hot.

I have a feeling this one will be one of those where the hype dies down quickly for now, being so close to the holidays.

I most likely will go, but with zero chance of a sellout, I am not racing to get them until after the new year.