Manowar Update

Mark

Not blessed, or merciful
Apr 11, 2001
Sarf Lundin, Innit
MANOWAR- New album named!
As reported from Ragnar Productions:

There is no denying Manowar’s impact on rock music. During its storied career, the band has redefined heavy metal by combining peerless musicianship and song writing. Its member’s unbreakable character, tenacity and mettle has enabled the band to battle immeasurable odds, overcome huge obstacles and build an awe-inspiring legacy that continues to grow with each passing year. The band, however, has not rested on its laurels. Manowar has returned with Warriors Of The World.

Staying true to its nature, Manowar refused to compromise and use conventional methods to capture its trademark music. During the last two years, the band’s members worked around-the-clock constructing its latest studio (located in bassist Joey DeMaio’s house) appropriately named "Hell."

Once the fully digitized, state-of-the-art studio was word locked to a digital word clock (an industry term referring to the synchronization of digital equipment), the band’s creative juices flowed, resulting in an album that is destined to become another jewel in the crown of the Kings of Metal.

Warriors Of The World is a fierce, unrelenting roller coaster ride of sounds and metallic flavors; a breathtaking listening experience that is certain to appeal to both the band’s cross section of fans and aficionados of grand, epic music. Manowar has once again fanned the flames of the fiery beast known the world over as heavy metal.

Warriors Of The World was produced and engineered by the band’s most demanding critic, themselves, who recorded each instrument, including full orchestrations, ensuring that each detail was up to the Manowar standard of excellence.

"We had to put ourselves under the most rigid conditions to scrutinize the performances and make sure we were creating the music that our fans have come to expect from Manowar," explains bassist Joey DeMaio.

Like a celebrated painter presenting his latest work to a master frame maker to encapsulate, Manowar hand-carried the master hard drives containing the album’s completed songs and placed them in the capable hands of engineer Ronald Prent to mix and add a final polish. During his 20-year career, Prent has built a prestigious resume working with artists such as The Scorpions, The Police, David Bowie and most recently, Rammstein.

Here are a select song titles, and a brief explanation of the songs:
1. "Warriors of the World United" (A classic Manowar-styled anthem with an epic metal chorus, sure to be sung by everyone across the world.)

2. "Swords in the Wind" (Grand, epic and dramatic are only a few of the words that describe this tale of warrior bravery.)

3. "Nessun Dorma" (Pure art and pure opera combined with the melodic power and might that could only be done by Manowar and Manowar alone.)

4. "Hand of Doom" ("Vengeance is mine," said the Lord. It may belong to the Lord, but he has chosen Manowar to bring it to the world in a tale of fierce mystical revenge.)

5. "Call to Arms" (Inevitably will become to Warriors Of The World what "Hail and Kill" is to Kings Of Metal. This epic is a call to all fans the world over to hail the glory of being a Manowar fan and join in the celebration of metal and might.)

I really got into this band when my band started learning some of their songs. We wanted to do some covers and I loved the guitar parts in ManOWar's sonhs. Then I realized the depth of their music, lyrics and fell in love with them. I am now a fan for sure.