MANTICORA video now online!!!

I have a few of their discs that I enjoy, but I find that their songs don't do very well standing alone.

Not a fan of that uber-heavy intro and the song itself is a little over the top, like they were trying just a little too hard.

I bought Safe at PP and one thing that really struck me about it is how thrashy it is. While not being an actual thrash-metal album, a lot of the songs (especially in the middle) feature some distinctively thrashing riffs and the production is also more of what I'd expect from a thrash recording. There are some serious headbangers throughout the album (again, especially in the middle tracks). There are no songs like Fall From Grace from 8th Sin, which I really like, but the superb Safe suite more than makes up for any lack.

Love the video and the new album (thanks to Lance for having it early at PP). Been following these guys since Darkness With Tales to Tell (at that time, had to order Roots of Eternity from a Greek vendor).

If you love thrashy/power metal, look here. In addition to the excellent recent CD, Safe, I strongly recommend 8 Deadly Sins and The Black Circus Part I - Letters - though I do enjoy their whole catelog.

I like this band, but for some reason on this song I'm not digging the vocals. Dont' know why. Maybe just not catchy or memorable enough. Still looking forward to the album though.