Marco Hietala: the perfect lullaby for a baby

St Enigma

Sep 11, 2005

This awesome clip was uploaded to Nightwish's official Youtube channel yesterday, Oct 1.

The Finnish way to raise a baby: Marco Hietala sings "Planet Caravan" (Black Sabbath) to Jukka Nevalainen's (dr, Nightwish) baby daughter in August 2010 at the band's "Summer Camp". How sweet a lullaby is that? :)

Btw. Would you sing a metal song as a lullaby to your own baby? Or would you allow your baby lulled with a Black Sabbath/any other metal song? Which metal songs would be appropriate?

Last edited by a moderator:
That was awesome. So Jukka had another girl. Nice, She looked totally absorbed. What's her name?

Yes, she was born on June 22. just a week before Anette got a son. Names of both babies are still unrevealed to public. Here it usually takes 3-4 months after birth before babies are officially batized/given names.

Come to think about it - there must have been a helluva homecoming party at the Nightwish camp after the last show of the Dark Passion Play -tour at Harwall Areena last year because 2 bandmembers got a baby only about 9 months afterwards :devil:

I seen the pix, but to hear and see, this is so cute!! Wonder if he sang stuff like this to Miro & Antto when they were tiny...hehe...(no doubt he did really lol)

Marco is a sucker for babies, you should have seen him when we showed him pictures of my Grandson, Jace. He wanted to see them all.

That's so awesome.

To answer the OP's question, I wouldn't necessarily sing one because I can't sing worth a crap. But my 8-mo old daughter has fallen asleep to her share of metal.

We have a bunch of Rockabye Baby albums (lullaby renditions of Metallica, GnR, Pink Floyd, Led Zep, etc) which she used to go to sleep to every night.

We also used to use Last.fm pretty regularly for her naps. Usually classical, spanish guitar, or kids music, but have also used string ensemble renditions of rock/metal songs, or straight up prog and power metal.

If I'm driving, she's definitely falling asleep to metal in the car. One that worked particularly well for her was Myrath. Also Kiuas but that was probably more due to familiarity since I play that all the time.

[edit] Later today she fell asleep listening to Epic Rock Radio. Hah.

Had my nephew over with his mother. They were trying to put him to sleep. Tried everything from Filipino children's songs to Westlife. Could not get him to sleep. Sooo, I decided to be cute and put on a medley. He smiled at "Twilight of the Thunder God", was rocking side to side during "Hold the Heathen Hammer High", after playing "Sleeping Sun", he was fast asleep. :heh: My wife and SiL were fit to be tied. :lol::lol::lol:

As for the video, Marco is great. :headbang:

Two things:

1. He's not wearing pants.

2. You guys are ignoring the fact that this needs to be recorded in a studio. It would be an awesome cover. What a great, haunting Sabbath song that is overshadowed by others on the same album.