mariah carey covers Def Leppard

opacity

Sep 17, 2001
[lower austria]
"MARIAH CAREY covers DEF LEPPARD's 1981 Hit "Bringin´On the Heartbreak" - the song is supposed to be released on her coming album on December 10. "

:zombie:

It can only be better than if she covered "Pour some sugar on me" :lol:
But okay, that song "Loverboy", which was a bit of a flop as far as I know, sounded so 80's, so I guess it's not that surprising. Besides, the gross, disgusting 80's are really trendy now, so put on your lime green joggin pants and pink sunshade with transparent pink plastic and be the coolest guy in your neighbourhood! Do it now, before your neighbour does it!

Originally posted by opacity
you mean, from now on, carneval time is throughout the year? :loco:
Pretending it to be carnival or being trendy I guess it's the same! I just know that since people can't think of anything new, they'll just bring back the old shit! First it was the 60's, then 70's & now 80's. This also includes music! Nowadays it's more or less 50% I guess of what comes out that's just samples of old shit or remixes. The 70's has been sampled for two decades now, so they've started ripping off the 80's instead now! As we all know people looked terrible in the 80's, so if you want to be trendy you have to grow a mustache, have long hair in your neck, wear clothes that doesn't match, pick the ugliest colours (like pink and yellow) and so on! Check VH-1's "Behind the music" on 1984!

Did you hear/see those great pieces of metal too ?

Celine Dion & Anastacia covering AC/DC - You shook me all night long.

Tori Amos covering Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Why don't they broadcast the original ones on TV or radio ? Why don't they give awards to metal artists :) ?