Marijuana - Acceptable or Unacceptable?

Is the use of Marijuana as a recreational drug acceptable or not?

• Yes, I support the use of recreational marijuana.

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • No, I do not support the use of recreational marijuana.

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • I need more information to make a deicision.

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
I don't think it should be legalised on the basis that alcohol is legal. People using that argument acknowledge the dangers of alcohol in their arguments, so why request something else that's potentially harmful?

One of the reasons often cited for not decriminalising dope is that it can lead to the use of harder, more dangerous drugs. Whilst this doesn't apply to everyone who uses it, it *does* apply to some people. These two combined make a reasonably powerful argument. By no means convincing to all, but you have to admit they're fairly good points often given to advocates.

In the south east UK we have a fairly sensible policy:
People found carrying dope have it taken off them - and people aren't stopped on suspicion of carrying it. Selling it in large quantities is a serious offence.
It's very easy to get hold of here and it's very cheap. Those who want it can get it. Those who don't want it don't have to encounter it.

And I think this is perhaps a nice compromise. It stops Amsterdams cropping up everywhere and yet allows people a certain amount of freedom to use it - an amount that doesn't impede on others who don't want to encounter it.

In this situation, I find it acceptable as a recreational drug. If I lived in somewhere like Amsterdam, I think my opinion might be different. If I lived somewhere that it was not tolerated at all I'd probably have a problem with that, too.

weed dosent cause any worse effects than alcohol so either take away alcohol or give us weed ....plz give not take
yall need to get high so u can relax shesh over workin my mind ....sheesh ouch....moo...roar....cant think no but thc is like the thing that gets u high....tasha do urself u left me when i needed u most....sheesh
yeah ....cigs kill more ppl than mj and mj dosent kill ppl enless they use it improperly
i think that the goverment is a bunch of fuckin dictaors that r tryn to control our lives and get money off everything we do fuck the government!!!
...and this is why I don't smoke marijuana.

Concerning the legalisation issue, though, there needs to be an "I really don't give a flying fuck" option.

BasilisK 3 7 77 said:
In my opinion there are already way too many fucked up people on this planet, and I wouldn't support legalizing a way to make them even more fucked up.

Heh, I agree on the one hand .. but on the other .. there are too much people who are also fucked up and it has nothing to do with drugs ;)

Anyway, my opinion: I think if a person wants drugs .. he'll get it somehow, no matter if it's legal or not ..

But I think making it legal is not a good idea at all .. it would help people who want to "try it only one time" .. and soon or later a lot of people would be addicted .. I mean, normally I don't care about such things, everyone should do what he or she likes to do .. but if I imagine a good friend of mine would take drugs .. I would be somehow very worried about him ..

and sorry for my bad english today :cry:

Caillac said:
Heh, I agree on the one hand .. but on the other .. there are too much people who are also fucked up and it has nothing to do with drugs ;)

Anyway, my opinion: I think if a person wants drugs .. he'll get it somehow, no matter if it's legal or not ..

But I think making it legal is not a good idea at all .. it would help people who want to "try it only one time" .. and soon or later a lot of people would be addicted .. I mean, normally I don't care about such things, everyone should do what he or she likes to do .. but if I imagine a good friend of mine would take drugs .. I would be somehow very worried about him ..

and sorry for my bad english today :cry:
That's one of the reasons I'm against it too.

NOTE: The comment about there already being way too many fucked up people; That included non-drug users, I could have explained it better :)