Marillion cover songs...

MacKozer

New Metal Member
Jul 11, 2004
Lodz - Poland
www.sacriversum.com
Hi Dan, Hi All

As I know, You are a big fan of Marillion works (as big as I am).
I wonder which song would you like to do in your own version or maybe you have recorded any?

BTW. I've started to listen to your music from Moontower album... and the very prog song (to me) Uncreation. Then.. I got Nightingale and EOS and Star One.

Since I am a newbie on this forum, here is a brief description ;)
I am 30 years old archaeologist and musician. These are my two passions.
I am dealing with archaeology of Atlantic Scotland and archaeology of Germanic tribes in roman influences period (late iron age) such as Goths and Vandals (Central and Northern Europe). So I dig in Scotland and North of Poland (Gothiskanza).
I play in two bands: Sacriversum (kinda of gothic/death/heavy there is a review on ultimatemetal 6/10) and Artrosis (gothic metal). Of course there was a few other bands.

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

There are plenty of tracks I have been thinking of playing, live with Second Sky in the future. One of them is "Just for the record" since Marillion never played it live. I'd also like to play "After Me"..I have done a remake of a new (and horrible) Marillion song called "Between you & me" and changed it completely (but with Hogarth on vocals)...that was great fun, we didn't win the contest (some stupid technoversion did) but it was worth doing anyway...

Dan

Dan Swanö said:
There are plenty of tracks I have been thinking of playing, live with Second Sky in the future. One of them is "Just for the record" since Marillion never played it live. Dan

Yeah It is great song with great Mark Kelly solo :)

I am working on metal version of "Incubus" :) and I play sometimes "Sugarmice" on some big gigs with a super group jams (a set of musicians from a few quite popular Polish metal and rock bands).

Greetings!

A warm welcome!

Your work seems very interesting... I checked the link, but unfortunately my Polish isn't all that brilliant (let's face it - I don't know a single word! :)) so I had to settle for looking at the pictures!

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

//Anastasia

It is interesting indeed and excavations off cities and civilisation are my favs. The best are Goth graveyards deep in the forests of Pomerania. Cairns, stone circles and silence (well, ;) Dan should be familiar with it, becasue Goths came to Northern Poland from Southern Sweeden). This season I will work in Prague (Czech Republic) on medieval site of 13th century hospital and later abbey.

A present I am sharing my life between music and archaeology. From the morning to midday I am translating books about "broch" towers of Atlantic Scotland then I have 2 hours of guitar practices and from 6 pm I am in the studio where we are working on new album. (it is 3.30 am in Poland, and I've just come back from the studio).

That's why I have no time for english version on my homesite but I will let You know when I have it.

Sorry for that offtopic.
Greetz!