Marillion Tour?

Soundscape

Sep 16, 2002
Maplewood, MN
allmediareviews.blogspot.com
http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/735591

curious if some of the folks here were thinking of going to this show..1st North American Tour in 7 years for the guys. The Fillmore in SF is on Tuesday the 28th. I am definitely going to travel to see 1 or more of these shows as 9 years waiting for me I feel would be makeup for lost time. I might go to Chicago or Colorado, but since I have family in SF I might try seeing that show instead, and it'd be extra motivation to come and see of the peeps in the Enchant community there too.

Maybe keep it in mind, Marbles as hard and pricey as it's been to acquire, is a pretty incredible disc. Maybe we could even do a pre-show party..even though it's a school night (esp for people who have kids).

Kyle

Hi Kyle,
I'm going. Yup, school night, my solution is, bring the kid along!:headbang:
Fillmore is the best venue. Yeah, preshow party would be cool...pre-gig gig would be even better...

~ ~ ~
"Hey, kids, let's put on a show!" Says Doug excitedly, looking for a 9-volt battery.
"Yeah! All these nice folks in town for Marillion, we could add to their listening pleasure!" Responds Sean, dreamily.
"Cool! We could go accoustic!" Adds Ed, pulling out his bow and eyeing the upright bass in the corner.
"Far out! Accoustic AND instrumental!" Interjects Ted, accidentally knocking over his beer. "@#&*#" He adds.
"I wanna cover Mr. Roboto!" Calls out Bill, pushing his blond locks from his eyes..."No more of those castrati covers..."
~ ~ ~

The characters in this dream are not meant to resemble or offend any living persons...:loco:

Kristin
Viadragon, CA dreaming...

Good one Kristen, you know they do have a little restraunt in there guys, the one with all the posters on the walls. Perfect for unplugged stuff????????

Hey I suspect all or some of us will be there for this, the Fillmore is a great venue. And it has been way too long since the boys have been here!

Wow it was almost 7 years ago we opened for them there on Dougs birthday. Time really does fly.

NP ) Marillion - A Collection

I will be at the 9:30 club show, but I am not going to do the goofy Philly, SF (mostly to see Enchant), Pittsburgh, and DC whirlwind tour that I did in 97. Even though I think Ocean Cloud is probably the best song they have done since Afraid of Sunlight, the rest of the CD is not that great just like Anorak, .COM, Radiation, and Strange Engine. Of course all the feedback from the fans is that OC is one of their best tunes ever, and they don't even play it live :mad: I feel they rip off their passionate fans (which thankfully I gave up around 99) with all their archive series that you need to buy each one, and the pre album sales when the CD is very late or the extras dont warrant the $40. It really pissed me off when we donated all this money for the 97 tour fund, and they told us that we would get this exclusive Rochester CD only to the contributors. Then they go out and sell it through Racket. That resulted in losing a lot of credibility with me, and it looks like another one of their moneywhoring schemes.

Oh well, they at least deserve a show, because they have created some good tunes over the years.

jim

np: All the Love - Outfield

Ocean Cloud is the 1/2 song I like. They should have stopped about 10 minutes in, because after that it loses me, I actually thought another song had started when I first heard it, a song I didn't like. Anyway, I still have some "Maril-lemming" qualities, I did buy the singles. But I never got sucked into that whole Front Row Club live show thingy. Funny, I played Out Of This World from AOS yesterday on my show, and I was thinking, "what a perfect album", and "doesn't h sound great". I think he sounds quite ragged lately, and the number of really great songs has sorely been lacking these past almost 10 years.

We are heading to Philly for the 10/8 show...we will get up there early in time to get a cheesesteak, LOL!! This is my first Marillion gig ever (and Dave's what? Fifth? Sixth?) so I am really looking forward to it. I try to avoid the politics of Marillion and just go for the music. Guess it's time to pick up that copy of Marbles!!

Cheers!

I'll be there along with Sean and maybe some of the other guys. Let me know who's going and maybe we can hook up for a drink or something! Can't wait to see the Marillion boys again...it's been too long! Since the Radiation tour that we did together in 98'.

Hope to see some of you there!

Doug

Looking forward to this as well! I believe it was exactly 7 years ago this coming Thursday the 26th we opened for the boys.

This should be a good one!

NP : Marillion : Dry Land

I will be there for sure!! The last time I saw Marillion, I was front row at the Fillmore for the This Strange Engine tour. The opening band wasn't too shabby either!! ;-).

Just my brief review of Marbles... I think it is incredible. I has hit me like Brave did when I first heard it. I know there have been some mixed thoughts about it within the forum, but it seems to have struck a chord with me. I really dig it!! Can't wait for the show and I hope to see some of you there...

Sean