Marilyn Manson - Eat Me, Drink Me

oh? Mechanical Animals is my favourite Manson album, just barely edging out Antichrist Superstar - of course both albums are nearly polar opposites, so there was quite a reaction when this album came out. Mechanical Animals is somewhat of a throwback to 70's glam rock, and an exaggeration of a glam rock persona/character (Omega & the Mechanical Animals). Everything about the album is great, indeed its pop-ish and soft, but also contains some brilliant songs lke Great Big White World, The Speed of Pain, Fundamentally Loathsome. I think this album has more 'feel' to it than any Manson album, and it was my personal favourite album for quite a long time when I was growing up - it also has the most sentimental value to me than any other album I own.

oh? Mechanical Animals is my favourite Manson album, just barely edging out Antichrist Superstar - of course both albums are nearly polar opposites, so there was quite a reaction when this album came out. Mechanical Animals is somewhat of a throwback to 70's glam rock, and an exaggeration of a glam rock persona/character (Omega & the Mechanical Animals). Everything about the album is great, indeed its pop-ish and soft, but also contains some brilliant songs lke Great Big White World, The Speed of Pain, Fundamentally Loathsome. I think this album has more 'feel' to it than any Manson album, and it was my personal favourite album for quite a long time when I was growing up - it also has the most sentimental value to me than any other album I own.

i'll see if I can get my hands on it then

Been a Manson fan since about 8 years now. Have seen him 4x live and about to see him again when he performs in Istanbul next month.

I mainly did not like the Holy Wood album with a few exceptions (The Nobodies) but Mechanical Animals is still one of the best albums in my collection. That album is so special and the sleeve pic alone is worth the purchase, it has something cold about it but suits the album content perfectly. Also liked Antichrist Superstar a lot, The Reflecting God and Cryptorchid are amongst his best songs ever IMHO.

I have yet to buy the new album but the songs I already heard were okay. I look forward to the Istanbul concert but do hope to hear some different songs than last 4 times when the setlists were almost identical. I would love him to play a few Portrait OAAF songs (Dogma, Dope Hat, Lunchbox, ...) and of the other albums maybe a slightly different choice than during the last tour. Would love to hear Comawhite, Reflecting God, Irresponsable Hate Anthem, Cryptorchid, Love Song, Para-noir, ...

Look forward to yet another Manson gig, I was never disappointed with him so far live.

Eat Me Drink Me is a great album. Anyone who says otherwise is more than likely a fan of this genre of music rather than a fan of Marilyn Manson. Eat Me Drink Me is probably his second best album, almost a tie with Antichrist, but just behind Mechanical Animals. I can't wait to see him in Chicago.