MARILYN MANSON Putting Finishing Touches On New Album

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Marilyn Manson is putting the finishing touches on his new studio album for a tentative late 2019 release. Some of the sessions for the follow-up to 2017's "Heaven Upside Down" are apparently taking place at the studio of country rocker Shooter Jennings, who recently worked with Duff McKagan on the GUNS N' ROSES bassist's upcoming solo album. Manson shared an Instagram photo of him earlier today (Saturday, March 16) along with the caption: "On my way to @shooterjennings to finish my new album" Manson and Jennings previously teamed up in 2016 to record a cover version of David Bowie's "Cat People (Putting Out Fire)" for Jennings's "Countach (For Giorgio)" LP, a covers collection featuring songs by electronic-music pioneer Giorgio Moroder. Moroder and Bowie wrote "Cat People" for the 1982 film of the same name, but also reimagined it for Bowie's 1983 album "Let's Dance". In an interview with Rolling Stone, Jennings explained how the collaboration with Manson came about: "I invited him out to a party at this bar, and I said, 'Hey, you know 'Cat People'? You want to do that song on this record, 'cause you'd sound awesome doing it.' And he was like, 'I sing that song every night before I go onstage. That's my song I warm up to.' So one night I went over to his house at three in the morning and brought all my recording gear."

Continue reading...