Mark “M.E.” Edwards- Exclusive Performance & BBQ Luncheon at the Artmore Hotel

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Mark “M.E.” Edwards- Exclusive Performance & BBQ Luncheon at the Artmore

DataReport Consulting LLC is proud to announce an exclusive music-filled BBQ within the beautiful open-air courtyard at none other than the renowned Artmore Hotel on Friday, September 16th. In celebration, beginning at noon, the first 100 attendees will have the opportunity to enjoy a complimentary lunch!

Guests will be treated to a special live performance by guitarist and songwriter Mark “M.E.” Edwards of the veteran U.S. Power Metal band Overlorde. The performance will feature his unique and not to be missed “One Man Show” consisting of both original and cover heavy rock & metal instrumentals. He will also be joined by singers for a number of songs. Special guest vocalists confirmed to join M.E. onstage include the acclaimed Norm Skinner (Imagika) and much-admired Paul LaPlaca (Chris Caffery Band). Some of these songs will be original music that hasn’t been performed live in 10 or 20 years.

The following video is from M.E.’s recent show opening for ZO2. Here, Paul LaPlaca comes together with M.E. to perform the FREE song “WISHING WELL”; an adaptation primarily based upon the version by the legendary Gary Moore and fatefully performed just 8 days before his passing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MEFlyingV#p/a/u/0/L9URq40ptus

DataReport Consulting specializes in custom report design and training utilizing SAP Crystal ReportsTM

www.datareportconsulting.com
www.meflyingv.com

To clarify...

You do not have to be a guest at the Artmore to attend.

As for the food, there will be enough to serve 100. If there are leftovers, then I'm sure 101+ will be served.

so odds are if you are arriving on Wed. and staying at the Artmore then you are likely to invlolved in this. Awesome.

This is a cool little addition to the festivities. In fact, I think I'm most excited about seeing Paul LaPlaca. Any of the Powermad folks on the forum should remember him from the band October Thorns. I really, really miss that band. Paul is an incredible performer and a talented multi-instrumentalist. I hope I can get what I'm expecting to be my tired ass over to the Artmore early enough that Friday to see this!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Hey everyone. Thanks for the positive words! I'll be posting information about some of the songs I'll be doing with Norm and Paul in these months leading up to the show. But I can tell you that one of the songs is Renn Faire related. Written around 1989, it is one of the songs I am proudest of. It was inspired by the New York Renaissance Faire. Given that Renn Faires are popular with many members of the ProgPower community, and obviously such themes are a big part of Prog & Power metal especially, I think it will prove to be a highlight of the performance!

I look forward to sharing the experience and stage with these talented individuals, and hope to have another vocalist or two onstage to sing or do background vocals. In fact, if any other vocalists attending are interested in joining me onstage (including those vocalists already performing that weekend), I invite them drop me a line in advance to work it out. My email is meATmeflyingv.com.

You can read and hear more about Norm and Paul at the following links:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Norman-Skinner-Metal-Vocalist/126899050713074?ref=ts

http://web.mac.com/paullaplaca/PaulLaPlaca/Performance.html

Hey everyone. Just a note to say that Paul LaPlaca had suggested that we write a song together specifically to perform at the BBQ. This will be our first writing collaboration.

We have been swapping WAV files and I think you are gonna like it! Should be one of the highlights of the show....:headbang:

P.S. Check out this little feature at METAL UNDERGROUND.

198365_10150115090808661_106959183660_6491126_5557965_n.jpg

Check out www.karlsmetal.com. The "Spotlight Metal track" is my song SPUR OF THE MOMENT, which I will be performing at the BBQ. The site also features pictures from my recent show where I performed with my Overlorde bandmate Bobby Lucas (ex Seven Witches, Exhibition) for the first time ever outside of Overlorde.

DSC_0068.JPG