Markradonn- Florida experimental death metal

obscureradiopdx

New Metal Member
Mar 21, 2014
Markradonn is a very different death metal band than what you may be used to. Drawing influences from multiple sources, such as Black Metal, Soundtrack Composers, Aboriginal music, and classic Florida Death Metal, Markradonn creates an epic and powerful sound that “if they don’t leave an imprint in your memory, they will certainly leave some blood in your eardrums.”-XRP Radio, UK

In addition to using the conventional “metal” instrumentation, Markradonn incorporates a full time brass section and a full time timpani player to add another dimension to the music. The band feels that digital samples sound fake and sterile, so they decided to use real instruments to create a bigger, more “soundtrack” type of sound to the music. The addition of hand percussion, natural drums, and aboriginal instruments also add a “ritualistic” tone to the music. However, the band retains the basic elements of Death Metal, and you can expect Markradonn to be uncompromising and unrelenting while staying true to their Extreme Metal Roots.

Below are a couple reviews of their latest EP "Final Dying Breath" Available at www.markradonn.com

TOP DISCOVERY, 2013, METAL GALLOWS
Markradonn "Final Dying Breath" ep
Last but not least, is the
experimental death metal band
Markradonn’s debut E.P, titled ‘Final
Dying Breath’. The music here, is one
that transcends the boundaries of
genres. This is true symphonic metal
as the band makes use of
unconventional instruments like
timpani, French horn and a full brass
section to create something that
sounds cinematic, dark and brutal at the same time. Adding to these symphonic elements is the
flawless guitar work and vocals of Haniel Adhar. What makes this spectacular combination sound
even better is the raw and organic sounding production. This is my top discovery of this year and I
definitely cannot wait for their debut full length.-http://metalgallows.blogspot.com/

Markradonn "Final Dying Breath" ep Review Once in a while, there comes a band that simply cannot be nailed under one specific sub genre of metal. Though the overall sound of the band can be broadly classified under one major sub genre, it often ends up not doing any justice to the finer nuances in the band’s music. Markradonn is one such rare breed, where though I can call them a death metal band, that single term cannot help me to describe every aspect of their music. This band draws influence from a wide array of sub genres and has come up with a palatable combo of all such influences.
I find it extremely difficult, to put down in words, the various sounds heard on this record. The music itself is composed of so many different layers. For most parts, there is the basic death metal layer with some good technical riffs in it, and on top of that is laid another completely different layer of symphonic elements comprising of french horns, trumpets, trombones, timpani etc. These two layers are interwoven beautifully to create a very unique and different sound for this band. This band makes use of symphony in such a way that I suspect there might be only a very few places where one might have heard something even remotely similar.
Mind you, I am not talking about the so called “symphony” that many bands generate with the help of synthesizers and computers. Every little element heard on this record is actually played on the proper instrument by a proper artist. The fruition of this effort can be clearly felt on the record, as every little detail in the songs sound completely organic. Just as the various elements used in the songs, the direction of the songs themselves are quite unconventional and at times, unpredictable. The good thing about the unpredictability in the songs lies in the way the songs are executed and the cohesion between the various elements making up the music. I say unpredictable, because one second, the symphonic elements are setting the atmosphere, while the very next second, the listener is treated to a fast technical guitar solo. Though no matter how unpredictable, it is all handled in such a way that there is a lot of coherence in the song structures.
The album opener, ‘Final Dying Breath’ is a fast tempo opener with fine symphonic nuances wedged into it. The shrieked vocals and the guitar riffs add a slight aggressive edge to the song. Following the opener, ‘Internal Hate Unbounded’ is a more atmospheric effort compared to the opener and the usage of symphonic elements is considerably more in this track. ‘No Redemption, No Forgiveness’ is a track that is completely an interplay between the guitar and the symphony. The execution on this track is done in a very interesting way. The band shows a lot of black metal
influence in the track ‘Frenzied Winter Sorrow’, with
lot of double bass action, tremolo riffs and some
borderline black metal style vocal work. The last track
of the album, though an instrumental, is one that I
simply cannot stop listening to. The brilliant mix of
aborigine style percussion and guitar riffs on
‘Cathartic Spiritual Purgation’ is a completely magical
to listen to.
I could just go ahead and tag this album as fine work
in ‘Symphonic Technical Progressive Folk Death
Metal’. But such an eclectic, chaotic yet supremely
organised mix of sounds surpasses the barriers of sub