Marlies.. did you get my email?

rnbluvva

Stu's Sister
Mar 23, 2005
I'm A GyPsY
Marlies,

I am Stu Blocks sister... I had sent you email the other day aboyt IE and MySpace. Did you get that email?

Thanks,
Natalie

Marlies seems to be having some net troubles as of late so it might be a while before she gets to read your e-mail.

here I am (I'll email you in a bit too, Natalie)! My connection (read: the provider's server problem over the holidays) seems to be fixed, finally! It was so slow that I could hardly surf, needed a lot of attempts before I could post here, sending out mail was almost impossible and I had Cora (Gaunerin) update the webpage for me - I haven't tested it all out yet, but it seems ok again :)

About myspace, I'd be curious to here people's opinions and experiences with it. I had only seen a few profiles so far, and after the profiles, I saw a lot of 'friends' and messages from those added friends - most of them just "empty" hello's with a big picture of themselves or whatever they needed to advertise themselves.
Natalie, yours seems more decent and to the point than the ones I've seen :)

Last weekend I also got a request from someone to my Brainstorm email about them getting a myspace account ;) So I need to dig into that, to see what makes it so special compared to other communities.

Marlies said:
here I am (I'll email you in a bit too, Natalie)! My connection (read: the provider's server problem over the holidays) seems to be fixed, finally! It was so slow that I could hardly surf, needed a lot of attempts before I could post here, sending out mail was almost impossible and I had Cora (Gaunerin) update the webpage for me - I haven't tested it all out yet, but it seems ok again :)

About myspace, I'd be curious to here people's opinions and experiences with it. I had only seen a few profiles so far, and after the profiles, I saw a lot of 'friends' and messages from those added friends - most of them just "empty" hello's with a big picture of themselves or whatever they needed to advertise themselves.
Natalie, yours seems more decent and to the point than the ones I've seen :)

Last weekend I also got a request from someone to my Brainstorm email about them getting a myspace account ;) So I need to dig into that, to see what makes it so special compared to other communities.

MySpace seems to be a convenient promotional tool if you have music you want people to hear. It's free, takes about 15 minutes to set up and basically networks itself. If you sign up as an artist, you get a free player which you can set to automatically play your songs everytime someone enters your site. I'm seeing more and more signed bands doing it--Novembers Doom, Megadeth, Agent Steel, Overkill, Vehemence, on and on. Countless unsigned bands too. So basically, you can go onto any other site and request to be linked, and the network expands. It's a good way to opint people to your real site too. Good exposure for nothing, really.

Marlies is right about the hollowness of it though--most people are on there to advertise themselves, or collect as many hot looking chick-pics as they can or whatever, but the music DOES get out there and I've found a ton of bands I otherwise wouldn't have heard of. MySpace is definitely the newest Online epidemic.