Married with Children - Anthrax episode

Feb 19, 2002
New York
Visit site
Hey, anybody out there remember when Anthrax was on Married With Children? It was on back in the early 90's. If anyone out there has a copy of this episode on VHS, get in touch with me. I will pay money or trade for it. Thanks.

You know, for the longest time I thought that this was just a rumor but appartently there really was a episode of Married with children that had Anthrax in it! I myself have never even seen the damm episode! A couple of years ago I watched Married with Children re-runs for about a year, and I never saw that episode! My god good luck finding a copy of it!

123. 02/23/92 "DINNER WITH ANTHRAX" (619) [02/14/92] {14.0/20}
Larry Jacobson

It's Al and Peg's 20th anniversary, and Peggy wants only one thing from Al... Meanwhile Kelly and Bud win the "My dinner with Anthrax" contest, which means a house party with the thrash-metal band, but there will be no party unless they get rid of mom and dad first. The answer: tricking them into taking a Florida "vacation" that turns out to be a time-share sales scam where the salesman won't leave them alone.

Stan ........................ Fred Willard
V.J. ........................ Roger Rose
Himself ..................... Edd Byrnes
Themselves .................. Anthrax

The day Anthrax arrives, they get snowed in, and they can't get out of the house. There is no food except for a mysterious pack left in the fridge by Peg which the band inhales (they were really hungry) and soon the band starts hallucinating ("wow... the colors" - Charlie, "if it was on the fridge, how come this thing is so warm?" - Frank). After eating they play "In My World" and you see Kelly head banging to the song, Scott sing (speak) on the intro, and joe just sitting on the couch... They all end up smashing the house... and later quarantined on the Bundy's garden...

Cool episode.

I've been looking for that episode for the last 10 years. I missed it the first time it was on. I usually watch Married With Children every night. Apparently they only play it when I'm either sick and in bed early, or on the even rarer occasion when I'm not home at that time of night or something like that. I've seen every single other episode. I watch 3 a night (two channels have it on at the same time and I switch back and forth). I love the genius who put on an hour of Simpsons followed by an hour of Married With Children, followed by a half hour of Newsradio. Speaking of Newsradio, I've seen the Anthrax one like 5 times now, but as soon as I decided to record it, they stopped playing it!! I swear. I watch it every night too. They haven't played it since the whole disease thing came up. It has to be the reason why, because they'll play the same episodes over and over and leave that one and a few others out. I did record them on Leno (took three nights, anyone remember that???). Anyhoo, yes, I'm on the lookout for the MWC episode too.

I got a copy of this show . Back in the day anthrax was big fans of MWC. I got it on a tape that has that episode of Married and Danzig on the Jon Stewart show back when it was on MTV. It also has Rob Zombie with the Howard Stern Private Party thing. And it has Sting on the Today show and when he was on Rosie O Donnel, but I'm sure most of you dont care about Sting.

I saw this episode twice! One of my and my friends´ most favourite. The best part is the conversation between Anthrax and Merci D´Arcy.

Back in the day, when we went to the Public Enemy/Anthrax show at Roseland in NYC ('91 ?), we were hanging out and drinking beers beforehand and watching Persistence of Video. When we turned it off, the VCR came up to Channel 9 and it was playing the rerun of that episode. So we sat and watched that as the last thing before heading out. We all feelt pretty stoked - like Ch 9 knew that they were playing and so played that episode for us. Pretty cool.

Fallout, I dont have two VCR's but I think one of my friends does as I would like to keep the tape. I'm not in to burned CD's but thanks anyway. And whatever cash the would be would only be to cover shipping and the cost of the tape. I aint looking to make any money. I'll see what I can do about getting you a copy.

My ex-wife & I split up two years ago and I just realized that when she took all those videos with her she got my copy of Anthrax on MWC!!!! That tape also had Anthrax on Jon Stewart (doing HyProGlo & Got the Time) and Arsenio Hall (doing Only & Got the Time).

I ahven't looked for it so long I didn't even notice til now. God, my whole fucking day is ruined now. I only have to see this woman twice a year when she visits our daughter and she still makes me fucking miserable. Women are evil. FUCK

j

(she doesn't even like Anthrax, I know she did it to spite me, just like my Star Wars videos.....)

FUCK

Sorry to hear that man, that really fuckin' sucks. She took Anthrax and Star Wars?!?
Not fucking cool!