Marshall 2203KK - Metal vs.Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Multiwatt

Simon Dorn

Jun 24, 2012
www.thy-final-pain.com
Hi there!

I decided to upload two vids of the same song, in a raw demo version. One with the Marshall and the other one with the Mesa. I'm not sure which one i like better... Both have their qualities...Maybe i should mix them...What do you think?

Mesa signal chain: Dean Stealth, Sommer Kabel, Mesa Boogie Grid Slammer, Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Multiwatt, Vovox Kabel, Grossmann SG-Box, Celestion Vintage 30, Shure Sm57, Motu Audio Express

Marshall signal chain: Dean Stealth, Sommer Kabel, Ibanez TS9, Marshall 2203KK, Vovox Kabel, Grossmann SG-Box, Celestion G12K100, Shure Sm57, Motu Audio Express

No EQ.
Compressor, Exciter and Maximizer on the Master.
Two guitar and one Bass track. Bass is played through the JCM 800, with an Emminence 10" speaker.
Marshall:

Mesa:

Updated! Mesa + Marshall:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s7-_KMCUsc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s7-_KMCUsc[/ame]
Cheers,
Simon

Last edited by a moderator:
Both really have something going for them. I think the Marshall has more oldskool vibes (I get an unexplainable urge to throw some bolts!), and the Mesa has a modern, more defined sound. So I would make my choice depending on which one of those vibes you have in mind when thinking about the track.

Btw, I think that slappy kick sample fits very well to this song!

Both really have something going for them. I think the Marshall has more oldskool vibes (I get an unexplainable urge to throw some bolts!), and the Mesa has a modern, more defined sound. So I would make my choice depending on which one of those vibes you have in mind when thinking about the track.

Btw, I think that slappy kick sample fits very well to this song!

Yeah! :) I like both kind of sounds, so i will propably end up with a mix of both together. Mesa was more fun in the rehearsal today... idk :)
Btw.: I used a Vintage 30 and a Mesa Grid Slammer with the Dual.
Cheers,
Simon