Martyr - Feeding the Abscess

Quebec is teh shiz. Most of my favorite bands ALL come from there (Gorguts, GY!BE, and Martyr)

Yes. Arrakis I see you're Canadian... is the music down there just incredibly saturated with talented people or what? Canada (especially Quebec like I said) has a incredibly high good band > population ratio compared to the rest of the world.

in Ontario the really strong talent is spread farther i think. I haven't actually been to quebec, i just sit there in awe and listen to what comes out of it. The concerts there are much much better as far as attendance goes also

Toronto is prety crappy as far as attendence for local bands goes. There is a lot of new talent, as well as the older guys (Anvil, Nitemare, Goat Horn who are now "Cauldron".)

There's a lot of good bands though. They're not nearly as tech as quebec bands, i think Ontario is more about writing songs than writing craaazy songs. Which is good, i like the contrast. I'd love to see a strong metal scene up here, with so many amazing bands it'd be that much easier to do. Unfortunately there are some hurdles to jump along the way.

Yeah, Quebec definitely is a breeding ground for plenty tech and progressive death metal bands. Btw Arrakis, nice avatar.

why thank you. it corresponds quite nicely with my bands forum, which is now found here on Ultimate Metal.

2 newer bands comin outta quebec to look out for:

Profugus Mortis
Moonlyght

as for Ontario:

Will of the Ancients <-- self promotion :D
Wolven Ancestry
Heaven Ablaze
Dyed In the Wool
Adytum
Chaos Machine
Rammer
Starring Janet Leigh
Pruriency

for Ontario there's:

Fuck the Facts
Deamon
Fleshcraft

and yea Profugus Mortis are quite something, wierd mix of black metal and power metal a bit like early Unexpect before they went more avant-garde. They should release their first album this year on Prodisk records.