Massey L2000 mastering limiter (plug-in)

Aaron Smith

Envisage Audio
Feb 10, 2006
Seattle, WA
http://www.masseyplugins.com/index_v2.html?page=l2007

sml.l2007.jpg

Anyone familiar with this Pro Tools plug-in? It's free to download and use for an unlimited amount of time, but certain basic functions like bypass, automation, and having it remember it's settings when you reopen a session (etc.), only work when you buy it...however, it's only $89! I haven't had a chance to download it and play with it myself yet, but I've read a LOT of positive things about it, and a lot of feedback claiming that it far surpasses the L2.
Also, the Tape Head Saturation plug-in sounds like a really cool thing to have...same deal- free, but only $69 for the real thing! I'm going to buy both really soon here...

That is a must buy indeed... i'll be on the lookout for a few more reviews myself before i actually buy this, but it IS looking good...

will try that demo soon, thanks for the heads up!

the l2 seems like when you hit it hard it thins out the whole mix, maybe its just me but yea it just demolishes the snare!

i need a new limiter forsure might have to buy this one.

So I've finally played with the Massey limiter demo... I like it better than the L1 and L2 for sure, it sounds a whole lot smoother and natural to my ears. However, it's still definitely a snare-eater...but I would never rely on just one plug-in to be a full mastering chain. If you clip your drums ahead of time, it's great. I still love my Finalizer, though- definitely NOT a snare eater!