Good Mastering Limiter plug-in?

Yeah, the Elephant wins. Cheers guys. The thing is a tweakable workhorse... exactly what I was after. It can do everything from soft limiting, to downright punchy squashing, to even functioning as a clipper!

Yeah, the Elephant wins. Cheers guys. The thing is a tweakable workhorse... exactly what I was after. It can do everything from soft limiting, to downright punchy squashing, to even functioning as a clipper!

Sí! Though I remember the clipping funtion wasn´t that superior when I A-B´d it with GClip. Still elephant is a very versatile tool with many different modes, oversampling and dithering etc. You won´t regret!

I tested the Marquis and Soniformer today... They´re some badass comps!

Do you guys use the clipper IE Gclip on the tracks themselves or whacking it on the master buss's? Im getting VERY pissed with mastering!

Do you guys use the clipper IE Gclip on the tracks themselves or whacking it on the master buss's? Im getting VERY pissed with mastering!

Usually it´s just on the master bus shaving off a few db. Sometimes I clip the snare track a bit because the snare is the most problematic clipping track in the mix.

Yeah thats exactly what ive been doing, however I really need to boost the snare with the gain and have off a shit load....the meter still clips, so im trying to get a blance of a nice loud snare yet with a nice amount of headroom! Im thinking of turning everything down. But im worried my mix will be all hashed up :erk:

Seriously the more I tweak the worse it sounds. II had a decent sound the first day, a week later and the CPU on 100% ive got this massive high freq smash everytime I export :(:(:( I might start it again from scratch tbh :ill:

i need to try that with gclip but I'm a little lost on how to use properly still. Need to look for a manual or something or maybe someone can explain how to use correctly.

If I can find a technical run down of exactly how GClip works, I may consider putting it on individual tracks.. however I'm wary of clipping every single track on my entire mix, and then possibly doing it again in the mastering chain.

I can imagine it's simple to use... I'd just like to know what exactly it does to create that headroom. I'm not adverse to using a bit of clipping at the mastering stage, but to use it so liberally as to put it on every drum track.. I'd just like to know what I'm actually doing from a technical perspective. I mean even MA's are cautious about how much they clip their converters, even the ones down here who master at -9dBRMS average.

If your using it on all ur tracks then surely you dont need one on your master. Im still trying to get my snare up, I increase the gain on Gclip and clip the huge spikes off, sadly its still not enough!

I tried using L2 with some not so great results: guitars way loud and drowned drums. It fucked my mix and got me to a point where I was mixing in a way to compensate for the L2. That's not my way of doing things...

Then I found Voxengo Elephant... Transparent Effective...PERFECT:worship: