Masterplan Mk.II: holy cow!

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
I read about Uli Kusch leaving Masterplan and first I thought it was a silli rumour, after all Masterplan was made by both Grapow and Kusch.

Then it was confirmed in Blabbermouth and I still thought it was BS (asfter all Blabbermouth...), and now I found this:

October-7th-2006 New Masterplan Rising
The Masterplan proudly announces its new line up:
Mike DiMeo - Roland Grapow - Mike Terrana - Jan S. Eckert - Axel Mackenrott

Strainght from their website http://www.master-plan.net/index1_1024.html

Mike Terrana is a very good drummer and I think it will fit Masterplan and as for Mike DiMeo...DAMN! It brings mixed feelings on a side I'm not going to start comparing him with Jorn, we all new when Jorn left that Masterplan had to change their path at least vocally. My main problem is then Mike is leaving Riot for good?

I was so happy with "Army Of One" having DiMeo on vocals and I thought that the whole Tirelli affair was just for the road, but now I'm not so sure anymore :erk:

I'm still waiting to get a cheaper copy of AOE (I saw the Japanese one at PPVII but I wasn't about to pay > $30) before the year is over and now I'm also excited with Masterplan Mk.II but...

Damn metalheads are so difficult to live with :D

Whoa...:OMG:

Very interesting! Maybe there is a future for Masterplan after all. I honestly thought Roland was going to call it quits after I heard Uli left. Let's hope this doesn't affect Riot and Rage in any way. I can imagine DiMeo's a fine fit and Terrana's just a power metal monster so no problem there...

Wow!! Thats some positive news for me. I am curious how Masterplan will sound with those two. Chances are that they will be more powerful than ever! Here's hoping that their new album will be finished soon!

For those of you who did not know it yet, here are the touring dates:

http://br.geocities.com/masterclanmp/news.htm

Masterplan will tour as support act of Saxon together with Rose Tattoo.

Some relevant dates for me:

Mar. 10 - B Antwerpen Hof Ter Lo (2)
Mar. 11 - NL Amsterdam Paradiso (2)

Its good to see that Saxon will be playing some bigger venues again!

carnuuuuuuuttttt! :headbang:

Hawk said:
Wow!! Thats some positive news for me. I am curious how Masterplan will sound with those two. Chances are that they will be more powerful than ever! Here's hoping that their new album will be finished soon!

For those of you who did not know it yet, here are the touring dates:

http://br.geocities.com/masterclanmp/news.htm

Masterplan will tour as support act of Saxon together with Rose Tattoo.

Some relevant dates for me:

Mar. 10 - B Antwerpen Hof Ter Lo (2)
Mar. 11 - NL Amsterdam Paradiso (2)

Its good to see that Saxon will be playing some bigger venues again!

carnuuuuuuuttttt! :headbang:

Haaaaaawk !! yep, yep... Well Amsterdam is a long way (2 houres driving, yuk !!:lol: ) , gig in Antwerp is confirmed !!

That new Masterplan line-up is suprising indeed, I'm very very curious to hear new recordings !!

I have to admit I prefer Kusch over Terrana and Lande over DiMeo, I'm not too optimistic about all the changes... we'll see, maybe I'm in for a surprise.

carnut said:
Haaaaaawk !! yep, yep... Well Amsterdam is a long way (2 houres driving, yuk !!:lol: ) , gig in Antwerp is confirmed !!

That new Masterplan line-up is suprising indeed, I'm very very curious to hear new recordings !!
Same here. So Antwerp is a GO!! Thats great :headbang:

Fangface said:
I have to admit I prefer Kusch over Terrana and Lande over DiMeo, I'm not too optimistic about all the changes... we'll see, maybe I'm in for a surprise.

Sure you are right, but what you discount a little thing called chemistry. It can make for 4 average musicians to gell into a fantastic band. Let's just wait en see what this lineup can do.

I'll see them with saxon on April 25th next year...
I like DiMeo and Lande equally, they're both awesome in their own ways, but as much as Terrana's an ace drummer I still prefer Kusch by a mile!
Uli's one of my fav drummers, he's got a real golden touch on those drums, everything he plays is so musical to listen to... :worship:

Hawk said:
Sure you are right, but what you discount a little thing called chemistry. It can make for 4 average musicians to gell into a fantastic band. Let's just wait en see what this lineup can do.
This is very true.
The problem is that I think the chemistry in Masterplan primary came from the Kusch/Grapow association, but maybe I'm wrong on this.

sixxswine said:
I think I'll wait until I hear a review of this new line up before I pick up anything by them...

I think I'll wait until I hear THE MUSIC of this new line up before I pick up anything by them... :D

No disrespect to a reviewer but reviews are always subjective, what counts is your own taste (the ultimate reviewer).

BTW it seems Uli also is concentrated in a Mekong Delta revival

26.08.06. The drum recordings for 11 Mekong Delta songs are done. The production took place in Norway at Uli's Studio.