Mastodon, Crack the Skye

Very cool. I'm hanging for this record too. 09 is great so far - already solid records from Kreator, Sepultura, Lamb of God, and this are a great start to the year. Worship Music in June which is coming fast....does it get any better???

This album is amazing, picked it up this week. Seriously, this band is one of the best on the planet.

I'm enjoying the album a lot too. Perfect evolution for Mastodon, kinda leaves you thinking what can they do next? But they will do something amazing next time round yet again.

I got the version with the bonus dvd. On there they talk about Brent having getting beaten up badly in the recent past. Does anyone know the full story with what happened - some online stuff (bullshit?) mentions that Shavo from SOAD had something to do with it...??? Anyone?

Yeah it was Shavo and some other guy beat the crap out of him so bad he got a brain Haemorrage. I think they reckoned Brent was speaking shit about them while drunk and confronted him which caused him to get mouthy and it all got heated and the rest is history. I think thats how it happened anyway.

I think it was more of a freak accident. I don't think they beat the shit out of him. The dude with Shavo punched Brent and he fell back and hit his head. From what I read a little while ago, it was that simple. Brent was drunk and flinging his shirt at those two guys and talking drunk jibberish, Shavo tried to talk his way out and Brent got aggressive and the other dude punched him. Brent hemrraged from the fall.

...regardless, this album is awesome!

Yeah I was just reading that story today in Revolver...I guess Brent was swinging his shirt and accidentally hit someone and they punched him in the nose and fucked him up bad, he almost died. I would seek the most violent revenge ever if that was me. Also saw the pics of Brent...he tattooed his face, that's hardcore.

I really love some of the dvd's that come out with metal records these days. Reeeeeally hoping Anthrax do something similar for Worship Music.

This album is like aural crack to me. I can't stop listening to the fucking thing. It's amazing. And I love the DVD as well.

timmyc - I'm pretty sure a DVD is in the works for the new 'Thrax.

This album is like aural crack to me. I can't stop listening to the fucking thing. It's amazing. And I love the DVD as well.

timmyc - I'm pretty sure a DVD is in the works for the new 'Thrax.

Awesome..... thanks for the heads up mate!

The title track has now become my favourite on the record. It's an amazing record - every time I listen to it I hear something new that I hadn't picked up before. Awesome.