Mastodon to tour with Gojira and Kvelertak?

I didn't see Mastodon on the last album, but saw them 3 times on Crack The Skye, and they played pretty much the biggest venues in NYC each time (including Madison Square Garden opening for Alice in Chains), so I would count on something like Hammerstein for our area.

Either Hammerstein or Terminal 5 would be awesome. And good for Kvelertak. Good to see them getting some momentum.

I'm bittersweet because I want to see Kvelertak become the next Rammstein which they deserve to be - but seeing them in shitty little 100-200 cap clubs is sooo much fun.

I'm bittersweet because I want to see Kvelertak become the next Rammstein which they deserve to be - but seeing them in shitty little 100-200 cap clubs is sooo much fun.
I totally get that. There's something unique and intense about that atmosphere of intimacy you don't want to lose, but at the same time want to see the band achieve success they deserve. And then of course if that success does comes, you don't want the band to lose the edge that made them special in the first place.

Have you checked out Crack the Skye by Mastadon? It's their most polished and progressive album to date. Plus, they're a stellar live band.

I've checked out that album and seen them live a few times actually. For whatever reason they just don't do it for me. I don't know why.

All I know about Kvelertak is that they ripped off Pentagram's logo.
So that makes them at least semi cool in my book!!!!

Yeah, Mastodon is one of those bands where on paper I should like, but just can't get into. I have seen them live a couple times and they just didn't do anything for me.

I imagine this tour will do well.

Yeah, Mastodon is one of those bands where on paper I should like, but just can't get into. I have seen them live a couple times and they just didn't do anything for me.
I'm surprised their live show didn't make them click for you. Just curious, is it the vocals that keep you from enjoying the band? Mind you, I have no issue with Death or Black vocals, but don't care for Mastodon's vocals.

I don't really know what it is...
Honestly, anytime I hear them I find them extremely boring.
The two times I saw them were almost 10 years ago.
I guess at that time they were heavily compared to bands like High on Fire, which I don't really think they sound like at all.

One of those two times I saw them was opening for Slayer, so that's probably another reason they didn't go over well for me. Not really a band I would select as an opener for seeing Slayer, but that's just me.

anyhow, this band is doing just fine without me as a fan.

I'm surprised their live show didn't make them click for you. Just curious, is it the vocals that keep you from enjoying the band? Mind you, I have no issue with Death or Black vocals, but don't care for Mastodon's vocals.

Glad I'm not alone here. I love all aspects of Mastodon but the voice. He just doesn't work for me. As stated elsewhere I have no problem with non-clean vocals.

Mast. doesn't do it for me. I have seen them on a few occasions, this past summer on the mayhem tour and years ago before they became what they are. I will always remember the t shirts they had with a huge penis on the back and the lettering was mastodon. ha ha fucking great. I would love to see gojira though. They have slipped past my viewing.