Matt Barlow's Vocal Performance

PatrickHoyt

The Darkitecht
Jun 3, 2007
Daytona, Florida
I don't know how many people are gonna keep bashing Barlow's performance, but I talked to him and Jon before they went on and the guys were dealing with colds and sinus infections.

I've had to sing a show with a sinus infection before and it sucks ass, so just to clear that up before I see anyone else bashing his performance.

Fuck those people man. I thought he sounded phenominal. I couldn't believe he was hitting the notes he was hitting so effortlessly. I guess now i know why he kept leaving the stage. I thought that was a little strange.

I had no idea he had a sinus problem beforehand, but I also didn't think he sounded bad at all. Granted I only saw the first 6 songs or so before I had to bail and clean up after everyone. :Smug:

:lol:

I think Barlow sounded great. There's nothing Ripper can do that he can't.

I could tell Barlow was sounding sick. He was unstoppable at the Detroit show a week earlier, and he was cracking a bit at PP9. But it doesn't matter, I know how the road can wear down on you, and I know he sang flawlessly in Detroit. He hasn't lost a step from the time off. He's still the Voice of Hell!

I wasn't overly impressed, but I have never really been a fan. That said, I thought he sounded much better a few songs into what I heard of it. That sucks to be him if he was trying to sing with a sinus infection, but, well, dem's the breaks. *shrug*

Shaye

The only song I remember hearing him falter a bit was Ten Thousand Strong, during the first verse. This was at the Charlotte show..but after that, he was amazing.

Barlow was great... Iced Earth without him pretty much sucked IMO.

And to all the groundless Barlow bashers....For every word you say to me in every way, you are a SINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He sounded great to me. It was a pleasure to have him back on the mic... and in a tight shirt and chaps :oops: The only thing missing was his amazing long hair, LOL! Even without it, he is more metal than all of us combined. He nailed the brutal transitions from head-voice to chest-voice on Dracula and barely looked winded. I say he did a stellar job, especially for being a little under the weather.