maudlin & In the Woods

LoboUivante

my tummy hurts
Oct 20, 2001
Amidst enlightenment and gloominess
tvtel.pt
am I the only one noticing that maudlin incorporate some elements (ok they incorporate a LOT of stuff in their music) from In the Woods? Utter total and absolute maniac orginial music steaming from every second?? I'm going berserk listening to Yearning The Seeds Of A New Dimension, man i need more bands like this...

...yes Opeth is overrated (IMHO), Dark Tranquillity is excelent...maybe Esoteric?

I dunno if I'd say motW "incorporates a lot of stuff from In The Woods in their music". That kind of clashes with your statement that "original music steam from every second", too. :)

IMHO music is original as long as you draw your own path, i guess that they have to have some fondations, influences... i think that In the Woods's Heart of the Ages is the album that reminds me most of maudlin... yet its completely different.

When i said they incorporate a lot of stuff i meant, piano, flute, bells, viola... :p

ItW's Omnio has a vibe about it that reminds me of motW indeedy.

"yes Opeth is overrated (IMHO)"

I humbly disagree. For every "Opeth rules" there is an "Opeth is so boring, just a bunch of stupid riffs thrown together without intelligence", the latter which, indicates a failure to appreciate the Opeth aesthetic.. imho.