maudlin of the Well DEMOS.

Desertsands

Feb 28, 2006
As a morbid motW fan, I have been searching for motW early demos(supposedly called 'Through Languid Veins', 'Begat of the Haunted Oak: An Acorn' and 'For My Wife'), but with no success.

I realize that they don't serve much of a financial purpose besides their value to motW fans, so would it be the appropriate place and time to ask somebody to send them? It is impossible to find them on the internet these days.

Thanks in advance! :)

I have a "through languid veins" empty cassette case/insert I can photocopy and send you!

the pic on the cover is cool--the abandoned railroad tracks going into the woods.

FuSoYa said:
er, i would prefer, if anyone has these, not to swap them around, because they suck. thanks

is it really that bad? i have a suspicion your fear is just a fear of an artist who has gone a long way! i can guess what the production is like, but i have a certain level of ear endurance for bad quality recordings with excellent music.

i'd really like to hear (any) demo, however, if you could upload the picture on the internet, that would be cool!

If you keep reminding me, I'll get around to A) digging it out B) scanning it C) uploading it and D) posting it. possibly with days or weeks in between each step, sadly.

it's just bad. we were in high school. to get an idea of the degree of badness, i played drums on the recording and i had never even tried out a drum kit before we taped these songs. it's not just bad in terms of writing, but it's like unlistenable in terms of performance with beats stumbling all over the place and dropping drumsticks on tape and all that.

i think the version of the ocean the kingdom and the temptation which appears on it is the only decent track, and we've already put that out online and on the motw reissues.

so, it lacks technique and is not very musical, is that what you mean? young and primitive...

it's true that there were some songs that motW never released in any of the full-length releases, right? or perhaps the best parts became parts of new tracks with different names(i know some bands who did that!)? because i just got to thinking that if there was some motW material that i never had the chance to hear, then i would gladly listen to it, because you just can't have more motW than there is a need for! even if the production is not good enough.

speaking about 'the ocean...', I have that on Bath reissue(or was it LYBM?). it is nice but I prefer the fruits version.

i got this king diamond re-release with his old band Black Rose rehearsing. sounds proggy/deep purplish. nice stuff!

!!

C'mon!! I, for one, would be very interested to see the evolution of the music. And I am personally in a band where none of us know how to play our instruments, so I know what to expect! Though I kinda doubt you were ever as bad as us. And you already have Spoonion stuff up on kayodot.net!! C'mooooooooooon.

!!

C'mon!! I, for one, would be very interested to see the evolution of the music. And I am personally in a band where none of us know how to play our instruments, so I know what to expect! Though I kinda doubt you were ever as bad as us. And you already have Spoonion stuff up on kayodot.net!! C'mooooooooooon.

There are already six demo songs on the first three album reissues and besides... the thread is like 5 years old :zombie:

P.S. This is my first post, so I want to say hello to all other Kayo Dot and motW fans and especially to the band itself :D

Yah I already know about those ones. But pretty much... if there's ANYTHING Toby Driver out there... I want to hear it. And I'm also still particularly in love with motW.

And yeah, I figure he may have changed his mind in 5 years, hence bringing it up again :p .

Also, there's another thread that references some material by Byron under the moniker of "Buttkey", which I am hereby nudging all concerned parties about. Is he even on this forum?

Those chipmunk vocals are much worse than the regular vocals (on those tracks that already had regular vocals! I didn't slow any down!) that you're allegedly embarrassed of, btw, Toby.

My friend/bandmate hates me for sporadically launching into "Mr. Kobasa". He hates everything motW/KO. because he knows I love them and they sound to him like there's "someone trying to play 7 songs at once" and I don't think he likes the idea that I might somehow, somewhere, some way, sneak in something TD-influenced into our "music" (quotes are a legal requirement).