Maudlin of the Well problem

Lothlorien

Towards the Great Sky
Jan 28, 2006
so it seems like even the most obscure albums can be obtained by searching ebay or online music stores. however, i cant find Maudlin of the Well's Bath & Leaving your body map anywhere! i know their first album is available through dark symphonies, but can anyone help me with this dilemma?

>$160 for the pair on GEMM.com. I remember buying both remastered versions on eBay for $14 from Dark Symphonies two years ago. They kept on putting the same listing up again and again because no one bought them. Maybe the band and label are just waiting for demand to reach even more absurd heights for a re-re-release.

lol 160 haha. such a boring band/artist.

160 is outrageous, but those two albums are anything but boring. They're two of the best metal albums ever, IMO.

Anyway, I bought the remastered versions straight from Toby Driver about a year ago through the UM forum for like 15 each, maybe you could look there. Though if they're going for 160 somewhere else 15 probably isn't the going rate anymore.

160 is outrageous, but those two albums are anything but boring. They're two of the best metal albums ever, IMO.

Anyway, I bought the remastered versions straight from Toby Driver about a year ago through the UM forum for like 15 each, maybe you could look there. Though if they're going for 160 somewhere else 15 probably isn't the going rate anymore.

hey thanks for the advice! what is toby's screen name on here? i dont know about paying $160 for 2 cds. :erk:

im so ashamed that im just now finding out about maudlin of the well. i need these albums!!

its like they try and make the albums difficult to listen too in an attempt to shock the listener. which in a way is good i guess, because it means that at least the thought is outside the box. but for me its just not sincere enough in the way its executed

its like they try and make the albums difficult to listen too in an attempt to shock the listener. which in a way is good i guess, because it means that at least the thought is outside the box. but for me its just not sincere enough in the way its executed

i didnt make this thread to get your opinion on maudlin of the well, i made it to get info on purchasing their albums. thanks.

kayo dot certainly seems "sincere" enough to me. maudlin of the well not quite as much, although it's still good stuff.

i dont know about sincerity, but i can see why you refer to them as difficult. i have always referred to kayo dot and maudlin of the well as "david lynch metal." im sure this makes sense at least to some on here :)

honestly, kayo dot doesn't strike me as difficult/weird for its own sake. the man just writes the music that he's meant to write. as unique and strange as it is, to me it pretty much sounds natural. he doesn't force things.