Maxon -> 5150 -> Mesa Recto 4x12 -> API Reamping -- Need your DIs!

Josh Burgess

Feb 18, 2008
Tampa, FL
Okay, I'm all setup to start reamping. I just spent some time sifting through threads downloading a bunch of DIs people have posted so I can take them home and start reamping. I have a decent amount of DIs/songs to try out, but I'd like more.

If any of you guys have some full songs, pieces of songs, or even just DIs of some riffs, and you'd like to hear them reamped through a 5150 and recto cab, let me know. I'm just using this as an opportunity for some practice, but feel free to use whatever I send you if you like it.

The signal chain will be Maxon OD-820 tubescreamer -> 5150 -> Mesa Recto 4x12 -> SM57(s) -> API A2D.

I also have an Engl SE here at the moment, but will be selling it soon... and I might try experimenting with running the Axe-FX through poweramp and cab and micing up...

Anyways, let me know what you have!

^^^ +1

Also, Ola's DI's are just as good, they have more of a twangy sound to them, which i prefer, but both Jeff's and Ola's are just awesome :D

Thanks, guys. Jeff, I got your PM and a few from other people as well. I'll be working on these this weekend, probably mostly on Saturday, and will get back to you guys.

I have enough for a little while right now, but if anybody else sees this and has a cool song they'd like me to try reamping some guitars for, let me know.

To everyone who PM'd me with stuff to reamp:

I spent most of yesterday and today switching from Windows XP 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit. It ended being much more of a pain in the ass than I was expecting... lots of little incompatibility problems, many hours of frustration trying to get drivers installed for everything, etc.

I finally have everything up and running correctly now. I'll be working on the reamps soon, probably tomorrow... plans with the girlfriend tonight...

Just letting you guys know why it might take a little longer than expected...