Maybe Diabolik is right in not wanting kids....

It certainly could have been worse.
The actual human acting was WRETCHED!
The kid in the movie was one of the ugliest dorks I have ever seen.
At least get a cute kid in there.

I also was surprised that Disney had to go to the Jim Belushi level for the male lead role. I guess they spent all their money on getting Jason Lee to do the voice of U-Dog.

I guess if you take it for what it is, it was okay.

I personally wanted to see Ratatoullie, but the boss (my 3 year old) won.

The worst thing about kids films is that they think they need to dumb down the films to get kids to like them, look at any of the Pixar stuff....they are well written films with humor for all ages and they do huge bussiness. This whole thing is the reason why Disney is getting rid of thier direct to DVD cartoons that are sequels of older hits....like Alladin part 6 and stuff.

one last comment about my post....if you all love orphans so much...go and adopt them. Go rent City of God and you will see why I think this.

I always have to steer my daughter away from those sequels whenever we are looking at DVDs at a store.

As you all know, Disney brings movies in and out of print all the time.

So, while Beauty and the Beast is not in print, various crappy sequels containing the princess in that story are that they hope parents get suckered into buying.

I agree that many kids films these days have underlying story lines that kids don't get but adults can appreciate (IE - Happy Feet).

I heard that "Ratatoullie" was excellent...ah well.

I honestly am gonna pass on Heaven and Hell. Fuck, ya know, $54 is a bit steep and I just saw them. There are WAY too many shows in that two week span and I seriously have to pick and choose.

I too, have heard that Ratatouille is good.

I'm not going to Heaven & Hell this time around either. It's sandwiched between all the other concerts I'm seeing that weekend, and neither Al nor I have the money to see them AGAIN.

I enjoy most of the Pixar films I've seen.

Love the Shrek movies. Still need to see #3

Disney's Cars was hysterical. Loved the NASCAR cameos, and it was a really good story.

to most of the above, too bad your parents did not feel the same way

If you were trying to be funny, then you deserve some applause.

If you were actually trying to be serious, then kindly go fuck yourself.

Some people have personal reasons for not wanting kids of their own and it doesn't make them bad people. I'm not a kid-hater, I'm just not cut out for raising one. It's too bad there are a lot of parents who don't have that little bit of self-realization and still decide to have kids even though they are the biggest fuck-up adults ever possible. There's a reason there is so much crime in the world, and I'd attribute at least 90-95% of it to lousy parenting.

Have a nice day.

Walter, I just ignored him. Child-mongers usually aren't worth the gum stuck to my shoe after the IL State Fair.

Speaking of which, Al and I took his little sister and my cousin (both around the same age) to the fair this past weekend. Keeping an eye on two 8 year-olds is a daunting task, and by the end of the night I was quite frazzled. I honestly wanted to scream. Fortunately, the girls got along instantaneously.

For the most part the girls were well-behaved, though Kimmy (my cousin) kept insisting it was alright to lean against the rail during the horse show, and I had to tell her at least twice why it wasn't a good idea. I'm sure her mother would have only had to tell her once. But I'm not her mom. But we bought them pizza, sno cones, ice cream, and all other kinds of fair goodies. And they both enjoyed the rides to no end. So did I, actually. I love rides. By the car ride home, both girls were out cold.

I'm hoping by next year it won't be as stressful. Are 9 year olds any better than 8 year olds? XD