Mayhem...Hype Or The Real Thing?

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
Whether anyone in the metal community has heard Mayhem's music or not, they have probably heard of the antics of the infamous black metal band.

Great image, stage shows, and a massive presence...

But is the music on par with the greats of Norwegian metal?

they are one of the greatest bands ever (when they were with euronymous)

listen get these mayhem records

deathcrush
live at leipzig
de mysteriis dom sathanas

thats all you need from mayhem

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
That's the classic line-up, I believe (except DE MYSTERIIS DOM SATHANAS, I guess)...

live at leipzig is the classic line up but de mysteriis dom sathans is their best

Al Bundy said:
they are one of the greatest bands ever (when they were with euronymous)

Are you serious? Blasphemer is a very worth successor to Euronymous, and the later works are just as good as the old ones, in fact if you consider that they became much better musicians and the production improved too...

I would suggest to add at least "wolf's lair abiss" to your list

ciccio12 said:
Are you serious? Blasphemer is a very worth successor to Euronymous, and the later works are just as good as the old ones, in fact if you consider that they became much better musicians and the production improved too...

I would suggest to add at least "wolf's lair abiss" to your list

euronymous was mayhem. i dont care how technical blasphemer is, it was wrong to replace euro. i dont care if the sound production in thier albums got better either. i love "terrible" sound production. euro was the heart and soul of mayhem and that will never change.