mcdmedia

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
No SW tour here in Australia in September / October. Not sure what happened with this.

Bummer, as was looking forward to Machine Head, Van Halen, TDT, Times of Grace, etc.

Oh well, guess that frees Scott and Rob to focus on Anthrax, which is a good thing hopefully given that it's straight after WM's release.

Second headliner pulled the plug though AJ Maddah (SW promoter) promises most of the bands will still tour but on separate shows so expect (finger's crossed) for Machine Head and co to do their own tours around the same time. Bit of a cluster fuck really.

I suppose they're talking about the "second headliner" that they were about to annouce couple of weeks ago? Sounds kinda fishy, maybe it's just that they weren't able to sell enough tickets with Van Halen headlining? At least that is the popular belief right now.

The promoter (AJ) did state on twitter some time ago that Van Halen, who hadn't promoted or even confirmed the shows in any way at that point, are surrounded by idiots. Then magically a SW poster appeared on VH's website (which hadn't been updated for a year).

I suppose they're talking about the "second headliner" that they were about to annouce couple of weeks ago? Sounds kinda fishy, maybe it's just that they weren't able to sell enough tickets with Van Halen headlining? At least that is the popular belief right now.

The promoter (AJ) did state on twitter some time ago that Van Halen, who hadn't promoted or even confirmed the shows in any way at that point, are surrounded by idiots. Then magically a SW poster appeared on VH's website (which hadn't been updated for a year).

van halen was an odd choice,last time they played here they played to 3/4 empty arena's,yes it was with gary but still van halen shoulda pulled more respectable numbers,obviously the promoter didnt do his homework,theere were a tonne of solid reliable bands to choose from...,even alice cooper can at maximum play 3000 max venues,i was going to go with the big plus being it was only 10 mins from here,o well..

It was to be held on AFL Grand Final day here (a big day in my calendar every year) so it at least solved that problem!

I do hope VH with DLR tour here on a separate tour as I would defo pay to see that.

Wonder what's in store for Soundwave 2012 then. How do you top Maiden? Big 4 anyone?