"Possible" Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax Tour

TRrEiTpIJReEfDf

New Metal Member
Feb 25, 2008
This article was in METAL HAMMER, Kerry King refers to ANTHRAX as "In Pieces" Right Now.

If this happened, it would be amazing: :kickass:

SLAYER guitarist Kerry King has told U.K.'s Metal Hammer magazine that he has heard through the grapevine that METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich is plotting a tour that would include METALLICA, MEGADETH, SLAYER and ANTHRAX.

Should this tour materialize, this would be the first time that the so-called "Big Four" of thrash have toured together as part of the same bill. MEGADETH, SLAYER and ANTHRAX were joined by opening act ALICE IN CHAINS for the U.S. Clash Of The Titans tour in 1991, while METALLICA and MEGADETH last shared a U.K. stage at Milton Keynes Bowl in 1993.

In an interview conducted yesterday (Wednesday, September 2) in London, Metal Hammer asked Kerry if there had been a temptation to bring the co-headline tour that SLAYER are about to embark on with MEGADETH in Australia and Canada to U.K. shores.

"I think it would be cool but I knew we had this planned before all of this MEGADETH stuff started happening," said King. "They're going to Australia with us, they're going to Canada again with us. I think it would be cool for the European fans to bring that over here because, shit, we didn't even consider playing with those guys since 1990."

So could it be possible that we could get a tour that includes the "Big Four?"

"I've heard people referencing Lars," said King. "I don't know Lars that well and I haven't heard it from Lars, but apparently he's talking to somebody about it. Maybe us, METALLICA, MEGADETH (and), I think he even threw in ANTHRAX and I said in this day and age, I know we had that time together, but how do you leave out MACHINE HEAD? There's better options than ANTHRAX and that's nothing against ANTHRAX, but they've just been in pieces for quite some time and that doesn't make as much sense to me."

As much as Kerry King has run his mouth off far too much over the years, and as much as I hate to say this, is what he said really that wrong or inaccurate???

As much as Kerry King has run his mouth off far too much over the years, and as much as I hate to say this, is what he said really that wrong or inaccurate???

Nah - it's dead on, but it looks like ANTHRAX lined up another gig with John Bush (LOUDPARK 2009 in Japan) So there might be hope. They are playing October 17th.. Im hoping there will be more dates with John, I mean.. he is there only salvation at this point.

Metallica would obviously headline.Followed by Slayer,Megadeth and Anthrax.I'm willing to bet the bands will rotate the opening slot each night.I think Anthrax should only be Included if Bush is intact.If not..no dice.

...and hey - this time around that package must come to Finland too! Clash Of The Titans -tour was awesome...but I had to travel to Stockholm, Sweden to see it...:)

T:)

I've always had the opinion that if Anthrax toured with, opening up for Metallica in the late 90's during the Stomp and Volume 8 albums, they would be one of the most popular not just metal, but rock bands out there, just by the exposure that they would have gotten, with their already awesome albums during that era.

I'd be definitely against this sort of a tour. I don't want to see Anthrax opening for Metallica.

Why not?? IT would expose Anthrax to a huge amount of people. And of the four bands, Anthrax has the least in term of draw so they'd almost be forced into an opening type slot with Slayer going second then Megadeth

I would love to see this tour

Why not?? IT would expose Anthrax to a huge amount of people. And of the four bands, Anthrax has the least in term of draw so they'd almost be forced into an opening type slot with Slayer going second then Megadeth

I would love to see this tour

I agree. Sure, we might have to wait for a much longer headline/co headline set but overall it would help Anthrax out more in the long run.

It doesn't make sense for them to play the same clubs over and over.:headbang:

I agree. Sure, we might have to wait for a much longer headline/co headline set but overall it would help Anthrax out more in the long run.

It doesn't make sense for them to play the same clubs over and over.:headbang:

True. If they keep playing the same clubs over and over the only audience they are going to be playing to is their fans, where if they open for Metallica or another stadium act they have the potential of expanding their fan base instead of it remaining the same. And thats the kick in the ass the band needs at this point, the name Anthrax used to be recognized as one of the worlds premier metal bands but now not so much so any and all exposure they can get can only help them

If it happened let Slayer close the show pls. Then I can beat traaffic outta the lot! Other than that :headbang::headbang::headbang:

oh yeah... fuck kerry

That'd be a show I'd love to see

the funny is the "Legendary Big 4 of Thrash" all hate each other - if they can put their differences aside and make this work, I think I'll be able to die as a happy Head-Banging Beast!

That'd be a show I'd love to see

the funny is the "Legendary Big 4 of Thrash" all hate each other - if they can put their differences aside and make this work, I think I'll be able to die as a happy Head-Banging Beast!

Who do the Thrax guys hate, and who hates them? Bit of a swepping statement there mate.