OT - Kerry King to perform with Megadeth tonight...

emtfhII

POTSHOT APOCRYPHA
Aug 22, 2003
Fuglafjørður
Damn...Megadeth's webmaster just sent me the following email:

Hi Clay, Dave Mustaine asked me to send this bit of news out to everyone.

SLAYER'S KERRY KING TO PERFORM WITH MEGADETH TONIGHT

As a grand finale to the Jägermeister Fall Music Tour, Slayer guitarist Kerry King will be joining Megadeth on stage tonight, October 21 at the Gibson Amphitheater in Hollywood, California to perform Megadeth's classic "Rattlehead"! This will be the first time in 26 years that Kerry King has shared the stage with Megadeth since he played with the band during Megadeth's very first shows in 1984. Tonight marks the last show of North America's biggest thrash tour in 20 years with the 1991 original "Clash of the Titans" lineup – Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax. Some tickets are still available for tonight’s show! Hurry to get your tickets at Ticketmaster.com.

I wish I could be there.

Good. Now Chris Broderick can join Slayer to give us some listenable Slayer solos.

Talk about a glam rock star. All of the people in the section near me were making fun of how he was doing the windshield wipers with his hair the entire time on stage. It was pretty gross. He looked like he should be in Winger and not Megadeth. Great guitar player like most glam / metal players. Just was hard to watch it during a Thrash metal set.

Slayer doesn't need anyone else. They blew away all of the bands, my ears are still ringing from them. They don't fuck around. Pure chaos the entire set. The out of control solos are great. Don't need any glam rock star playing any 'nice' solo's for slayer.

Some of the solos on the WPB album are anything but chaotic. Hanneman's solo in "WPB," the song with which they open their set, is a real snoozer.

Mustaine said he had to tame Broderick because he had to much wank, esp. whammy bar riding. He's no Friedman (yet), but at least his solos have energy.

Talk about a glam rock star. All of the people in the section near me were making fun of how he was doing the windshield wipers with his hair the entire time on stage. It was pretty gross. He looked like he should be in Winger and not Megadeth. Great guitar player like most glam / metal players. Just was hard to watch it during a Thrash metal set.

Are you really that stuck on how people look? You said it yourself, Broderick is a great guitar player, technically the best out of all the bands, so why does it matter?