Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica

Load and Re-Load didn't even sell that much. If they would have made a more black album style record, they would have not alienated as many metal heads, and probably sold many more albums. Whether the albums suck or not, they were not made solely for "sheep"

Hey guys these posts like "metallica sucks because they don´t play thrash any more" make me laugh. I don´t think that only thrash riffs and fast double bass can make good music. I totally agree with Bodyloseuk, can´t you be more tolerant. I like Load and Reload the same as I like Master Of Puppets and Ride The Lightning. I didn´t find anything there what would make me puke. But what is different is their "rock star" attitude and behaviour in public and the press. Can´t agree w/that.

Please, if you you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Thank you.

Originally posted by SLAYER85
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SLAYER85
a round of applause for mindmorgue, i agree totally with him, load and re-load lost the classic tallica sound. but i still respect tallica.

slayer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A round of applause for what? Because he proved he is an ass?

i think you missunderstood what he was saying. i think he was saying that these 'sheep' are posers that buy music just because they sell alot and people buy it just because it has metallica stamped on the cover, but who knows, ill let him speak for himself, and yes, the albums sucked royal royal ass, aka sellout albums.

slayer

that quote fucked up, thraxman, it was this glavatron dude who called mindmorgue and ass and cursed me for agreeing with him, but anyway, i still dont like load and re-load.

O.K. my friends. Clearly, every "thrash" band has changed their sound as to not get left behind in the times. WHO CARES?
SLAYER, not the same. But still good AND hard. Yes KYRA, GOD HATES US ALL is the shit. And only 2 tracks have the "classic" SLAYER sound. METALLICA, not the same. LOAD and RELOAD are good albums, just not good METALLICA albums. Still, they have their place. MEGADETH, not the same. RISK was just that, a big risk. Another example of a good album, just released under a band name that ppl associate w/ shredding riffs and furious drum banging. Personally, I believe that DAVE MUSTAINE has really come a long way w/ his vocal style. TWNAH is a good MEGADETH record , to me, b/c it still captures old school groove, w/ much better vocals. ANTHRAX, not the same.........but do ppl bitch about that here? NOOOOOOOOOO! My point is at least metal didn't die like everyone thought it would when grunge came around. Speed metal is still alive and well. Bands like AT THE GATES, ENTOMBED, THE HAUNTED the all play it fast and loud. There is more to life than double bass and fast guitar solos and our heroes have learned that. Let's just listen to the music and quit wanting to relive our misspent youth by saying "All my thrash gods suck now." this ain't a pissed off rant, it's just my opinion.

Originally posted by A_SHEEP
I may be new here, but this guy's post was so stupid I had to say something. Why is it when someone says an album is great, that you don't like, you have to come up with some smart ass remark to try to prove him wrong? Newsflash: an opinion can not be wrong.

I find it funny that you of all people would call someone else a 'sheep', when you are the 'sheep' here. In fact, the only people that I have seen use that term are the 'duhh me no wike metawica no mo cuz dey dont make album like masta uf pupptz no more' anti-metallica sheep like yourself. What makes it more funny is this being the message board for a band that did pretty much the same thing as metallica, but in your mind that is ok, right? You sheep!

So let me get this straight, a band should break up because YOU don't like what they are doing, right? Then don't buy it moron.

Did I hear something go BAAA?

MindMorgue.

Originally posted by MindMorgue

Did I hear something go BAAA?

MindMorgue.

Not intelligent, but FUNNY! And I think that was his intention. :lol:

Couldn't agree more that an opinion cannot be wrong, that statement is a fact, actually. Here is an opinion of mine: Disagreeing about albums being good or sucky is what these boards are all about! This is a good way to gather info on bands and albums; comparing your tastes to others. All who are not sensive baby fuck-nothings should be encouraged to agree and disagree with others opinions on the board. Anyone who thinks you shouldn't say anything at all if it isn't nice should go fuck themselves. :D